The Things You Do

The Things You Do

A Story by SweetWriter88
"

Because some guys just need to say some heartwarming things outside of a proposal. *hint, hint – nudge, nudge*

"

I sat there in wide eyed shock as my boyfriend just rambled off for no reason. For the love of me I couldn’t figure out why he’d just up and started spouting off sweet things.

‘Is he sick?’ I wondered.

Normally guys didn’t do this sort of thing and my boyfriend is no exception. He barely compliments me when I change my hair and get a new outfit for our dates!

“I know I don’t say it much but I love the things you do. I love the way you smile when you think no one is looking. I love the way you talk, and I love how down to earth you are. I love the way you look away in embarrassment and ramble when you’re nervous. I love the way you squeal when I catch you off guard, and scream when you’re frightened. I think it’s adorable when you get all wide eyed from shock or passionate about something you love. I know I don’t say it often enough to be worthy of every emotion you show me but, I love you and I love all the things you do. Both the big ones and the little ones.”

I blinked as he ended his rant, covering my mouth in sheer embarrassment. He’d really noticed all those things?! All those common things that I barely even noticed myself?!

“Are you okay?”

I nodded slowly, tears welling up in my eyes. “You’ve never said anything like that to me before.” I laughed tearfully. “A-are you sure you’re not sick?”

“I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you. Can’t I do that every now and then? I don’t think men should need to propose to tell their woman how they feel. Besides you earn brownie points for outside the box stuff like that.”

I lightly hit him on the arm. “It was sweet till you mentioned the brownie points.” I smiled softly, unable to find it in me to really put some bite behind my words.

“I meant it though…” He murmured in my ear after a moment. “I love the things you do, both big and small.”

I leaned into him, burying my smile into his neck.

© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
I don't even know why I wrote this. I guess because it's nice to hear sweet things from a guy every now and then. But really I guess that isn't a reason. I just felt like writing I suppose.

Anyways, tell me what you think. I'm not really a romance writer but, I tried.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Not really a romance writer'? It's an excellent piece! Just a short, simple story with convincing emotion and no outstanding clichés. Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


SweetWriter88

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the compliments!

I was kind of worried that I put a bit too much on the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016
Tags: Romance, Love, The, Things, You, Do, FrostyAngel, Sweet, Guy, Girl, Unnamed Characters

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing