You Thought You Knew

You Thought You Knew

A Poem by SweetWriter88
"

A true story about a bullied pair, who everyone thought they knew.

"

That boy hidden by the stairs is clutching at a razor trying to throw it away.
He’s the one who the bullies love to beat up because of his feminine ways.
At home he’s alone and raised by his mom, his dad’s always gone, so he often watches his mother drink herself to sleep.
When night time falls he stares at the ceiling scoffing at those at his school.
“You thought you knew me a long time ago. But the truth is you never did.” He says.

The girl who was embarrassed publicly by her boyfriend is now in tears in the bathroom.
Everyone who walks in is talking about that new video.
She’s crying but they don’t care, and slowly she emerges.
She walks down the hall and slaps the boy, mumbling so only he could hear.
“In a few years I’m going to tell you; “You thought you knew me but the truth is you never did.” Wait for it.”

Now we’ll fast forward to a few years later to a moment the school will never forget.
A young, attractive, and well-dressed man walks in with a woman of the same caliber on his arm.
They smile and stand when their names are called, laughing at everyone’s awed expressions.

That man was once that bullied boy who clutched the razor in the stairwell.
He’s a business man now and his life is full of adventure.
The woman on his arm is the girl that was embarrassed, she’s an entrepreneur and a stock holder for her husband.

And as cliché as it sounds this story is true.
Both people stood proud as they stated; “You thought you knew.”
And it was true, they all thought they knew, but really couldn’t fathom the truth.

So it goes to show you should never bully someone because this story is true, you never know who you bully till they achieve more than you.

© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
This is a true story about one of my family members and his wife. I posted this because bullying is wrong and it's true, you never know who you bully because you never see them behind closed doors.

Unedited! And thanks for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016
Tags: True, Story, Thought, You, Knew, FrostyAngel, Hurt, Comfort, Boy, Girl, Years, Later, Bullied

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing