I Wish For Time

I Wish For Time

A Poem by SweetWriter88
"

Because complex thinking leads to complex poems....

"

Everybody wants more time.
And I am no exception.
I want it, crave it, and would even kill for it because I am human.

I want those precious times back, because the person I was with is now gone.
I wish I could take my words back, or tell my past self not to do something.
I crave those hours of sleep I willingly gave away for something that wasn’t worth it.
But most of all, I want those times when I was at peace, with no worries at all.

Since I am human, I’ve come to understand that I am of a craving race.
More often than not, I get greedy and won’t admit to certain things.
And it is because I am greedy that I cannot see what I need.
And because I cannot see what I need, I do things that I regret, things I won’t own up to right off the bat.
When I do things I regret I want that time back, so that I can make a smarter decision.

But at the same time I realize that my life is no game.
I realize that I am human so I now know what that means.

I’m human so time is something I’ll always crave.
I’m human so mistakes are things I’ll often make.
I’m human so I tend to lose sight of what I need.
I’m human so more often than not, what I want, need, and utterly crave will mix.
I’m human and because of that I know I’m not perfect and that those who are imperfect have desires.

Since I realize that, I know that if someone asked me what I’d ask for if I had one wish, I’d say;
“Time because there’s too much that I regret.”
Now my question for you is the same.

If you had one wish, what would you ask for?

© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
Yeah...can you tell that my thoughts took a random U-Turn at the "I'm ready to write so think you stupid brain!" exit? No...well that's the product of it.

Anyways, be honest, how was it? I'm not a poetry writer and to be honest I'm slightly above the "Terrible and should not be writing this genre!" level. It's unedited and quite literally off the top of my head.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had one wish, I say: May love reflect my soul.

'I've to understand that I am of a craving race.'

I really like the above line, for it sums up our continual desirous nature as humans.

My advice to you is there's no need to dwell on regrets.
What is gone is gone.
The best thing to do is to learn from our mistakes.
We become better and wiser when we learn from our flaws.
Maybe we too have to live by good examples. We have to be the friends we'd like to see in others.
And we can use time constructively by focus and discipline, by prioritising the things that are important for daily survival. We can spend good time with our loved ones.
But to enjoy our lifetime better, we need peace of mind and peace of heart.
And forgiveness will play a major role in allowing us to love and nurture ourselves first, and removing all old grudges and regrets from our soul.
We need to understand that, like us, others have flaws too.
Yet we don't have to invite each and everybody in our life.
We can't afford to waste time on negativity.

WELL DONE

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a good insight, a reminder to all that time is indeed precious. I always say that time is a currency I can't afford to waste. Obviously we do get caught up sometimes in a lot of distractive things, but we have to try our very best to structure and discipline our lives using time constructively.
It is said, you can have a million dollars but you can't spend a million days on Earth--
and that's a wake up call.

Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


i would wish for the same thing you did, i will wish i can turn back the hand of time, to undo so many wrong ...your poem speaks about the greed of human ,nice work frosty.
thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 13, 2016
Tags: Time, Wish, I, For, FrostyAngel, Complex, Human, Desire, Crave

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing