Kiss With A Fist

Kiss With A Fist

A Poem by SweetWriter88
"

Let's just say the movie I was watching and the song my phone was playing didn't go well together and uh...this is what I got out of it.

"

I was never strong.
But I was never weak either.
And I will never be the one who only receives the bad end.

You think you can do whatever you please.
But you can’t, and definitely not to me.

If you hit me once, I will hit you back.
If you try to punch or kick me, I’ll just grab something harder and you’re gonna get it.

If you think you can break me apart and beat me down you’ve got another thing coming.
I was never that type of woman and I won’t be this time around.

If you think you can get away with cursing me or brainwashing me think again.
Try it I dare you.
You’ll get a kiss with my fist, and we’ll be playing Gritball in the kitchen.

So….what was it that you were fussing about again?
Just ignore my sadistic grin.  I’m only telling you what’ll happen if you step over the line.
But you won’t will you hon, so what’s with that faulty smile?

© 2016 SweetWriter88


Author's Note

SweetWriter88
Don't ask me why my mind works the way it does. I was listening to Kiss With A Fist by Florence and the Machine while watching Madea.... What a combination for this poem, right?

And if you caught the Gritball hint that I threw in there, you are my new best friend. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Beat his a*s!!! I read gritball and Madea came to mind. I have not read a lot of poems with women voices being so powerful and strong.
Thanks for sharing. I hope to read more of your work

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SweetWriter88

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Read as much of my work as you like!
Love the title! The content really paints a picture of a strong resilient woman. Very nice!

Posted 6 Years Ago


SweetWriter88

6 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Go on girl! This poem shows a girl who won't take trash from nobody. It's good to be assertive, with self-esteem and self-respect. And although it's good to look after ourselves, it must also be said that we can't let one negative experience think any other man or woman can't no longer be trusted. We should always make room for love in our heart; but love is far from soft and scared.
Tough love is good for survival!

Posted 6 Years Ago


i liked this....

I'm new on here, and it would be such an honour if you can review some of my poems as well!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Entertaining, to say the least! I certainly enjoyed it.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016
Tags: Abuse, Kiss With A Fist, Strong Woman, I feel sorry for the guy

Author

SweetWriter88
SweetWriter88

About
Hi there, I'm Jillyane, but my pen name is Julianna Knight. I'm a teen to mature writer and I usually write fantasy and really anything fiction. I joined WritersCafe because I want to branch out an.. more..

Writing