My Journey ends here.. You have miles to go!

My Journey ends here.. You have miles to go!

A Story by Frozen Eyes
"

Few words unsaid..

"

She waited every night but he never showed up. Whenever he did he was either distracted by some fantasy he lived last night or irritated by her presence. She tried.. kept trying hard.. but finally one stormy night... when all the limits of her patience were trespassed and faith and hope had left her all she could do was bid him goodbye. She left him a note where she said all that was either unsaid or unheard. He returned home next evening and read...

" My Love,

               Hold me in your arms.. hold me tight, please don't let go off me. Im all alone, this lonliness is killing me.I was doing well all by myself and then you came along. Swept me off my feet and changed the meaning of my existence. I had the most beautiful moments of my life with you until.. that stormy night changed everything. Water poured outside our home but we were drowned in something else. I dont know what to call it may be it was that moment which I feared all my life. You changed, I stood in front of a stranger.

               Every night after that it was me, my tears and my pillow. The bed seemed to bite me, walls with our pictures on them laughed at my state. I waited n waited may be you will find your way back to me. But we kept drifting apart. And as if that was not enough pain that I had to take your allegations of ruining your life. The love had vanished, you deliberately overlooked me, as if we were world's apart even being under the same roof. I needed you more than ever but you needed me no more.

               With the knowledge of truth came a new realization I had nowhere else to go, no one else to turn to. I had cut ties with the outside world because I had my world in my arms. Now that world was shattered. I cried all night for that man I had lost and could never regain. You probably were enjoying ur luscious company at some shady motel. Next morning too you didn't return. I sat on the doorstep waiting, stared at the sky change its colour, reminded me of your face. My mind was empty, all emotions drained. It turned immobile. I was scared no more of losing you I knew I had already lost you, no more of being hurt there was nothing that could hurt me anymore, but I was scared of a "what if "...

               You may not notice the shattered curtains, broken crockeries, torn bedsheets, the "blood stained" mattress and pillows. They were just the victims of my anger and pain that i could never unleash on you. All these years of togetherness was just a beautiful dream and life now a nightmare. 

                When you find this note I'll be gone far away from your home, this city and your life. Just one request, whatever you did to me dont do it to someone else. Don't be the reason to smile for anyone. Don't caress her like the breeze and destroy her like a storm. As for me Im thankful for all the good memories we had and today I'm leaving with them. Despite how our relationship ends I'd still be in Love with the Man who made me complete. Thank You.

                                                                                                                                 -Yours Nobody"

The Sun went down with a promise of returning. But she was never coming back. He found her body wrapped in her wedding gown covered with her blood. Her throat bled, she laid there immotile. She was cold but her countenance warm with peace she finally found. The last words his water-filled eyes read were on the envelope-

                                    "My journey ends here, You have a long way to go. Take care!!"

© 2014 Frozen Eyes


Author's Note

Frozen Eyes
ignore punctuation and grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, what a powerful ending! That is certainly something that one would hope would jar his apathetic ways to taking others into consideration.

"All these years of togetherness was just a beautiful dream and life now a nightmare."

Favorite line for sure. Beautiful work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

9 Years Ago

Thank you Macy :) n sadly this one is inspired by a true story !



Reviews

Wow, what a powerful ending! That is certainly something that one would hope would jar his apathetic ways to taking others into consideration.

"All these years of togetherness was just a beautiful dream and life now a nightmare."

Favorite line for sure. Beautiful work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

9 Years Ago

Thank you Macy :) n sadly this one is inspired by a true story !
ah! the end forces one to start another journey...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

9 Years Ago

it does indeed!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014
Tags: agony, love, failure, lost

Author

Frozen Eyes
Frozen Eyes

Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India



About
Here to express supressed feelings, dreams that never came true, failed rebellions and some sweet memories. more..

Writing
Rock Solid Rock Solid

A Story by Frozen Eyes