The Doll Story

The Doll Story

A Story by Frozen Eyes
"

Any resemblance to the story or characters with any person dead or alive is not a conincidence. After all thoughts are provoked by real life happenings :)

"



Once upon a time, there was a mesmerizing doll, Zia. The doll maker, Ramos had created her precisely with love and care and one special quality, everlasting healing power. No matter however you tear or break her, eventually “She” joined back to as good as new again. He bestowed in her a high spirited soul and brought her to life! 

Ramos raised her as his own and gave a cheerful upbringing.

After years of happy and nomadic life, Zia went to settle in the city of joy.


One day a boy named Avon, came along and got awestruck by her clarity and simplicity. In no time he befriends her, takes her with him. In few more weeks he owns her completely, blissfully promises never to let go. But by the next fall the fascination was over and he found something else to play with. Zia first shelved, then ignored and finally thrown away from Avon’s mind and life. In few days of being replaced she was completely forgotten.

Zia was heartbroken; roaming around the unknown city she met few good hearted people. Given her friendly nature she befriends them in no time. The good people treat her very nice and she starts to feel her old self again. They go places, party together meet new people. And in the due course of time, another boy named Augustine came along who was fascinated by the Zia's charming coherence.


He wanted to keep her for himself and won the doll with his warmth, care & love. Zia thought perhaps she had fallen into the right hands then. Their playful relationship flies on rosy wings, until one day the boy had to go away to some other city. He could not take her with him to the new place, so he sent her back to Ramos for safe keeping.

She was pained by the distance between them; she pleaded with Ramos to send her to him. Ramos hadn't heard a word from Augustine since he left so he was a little anxious about the whole matter. Suddenly, Augustine arrived for summer holidays to Ramos’s house. Zia thought here was her rescuer, (but the design was something else). Augustine had a long conversation with Ramos; both of them seemed satisfied. Zia had no idea what was going on. 


Augustine consoles her, wrapped her in his arms and kisses her. All anxiety and suspicion evaporate with that gesture. Then he went out playing with her for a day or two, took her places, bought her gifts, and made fantasies come alive. Everything seemed like a fairytale for a while.

Then one day he bid her goodbye and left without a word. Zia was dismayed and Ramos outraged.

A few moons had passed; no word from Augustine, just some occasional news through his friends. Zia felt neglected and lonely. So she made an imaginary buddy “Screw”, who would play with her anytime she liked and share her smiles and sobs unconditionally. Screw brightened up her gloomy days, and illuminated her solitary nights. Little did she realize that she got infatuated by her imaginary friend?


Augustine on the other hand had found new friends and was happy in his new life. It was too many clock turns and miles in between and the fascination had faded. He had nothing to do with Zia anymore.  He did not want to end it briskly so he maneuvered a plan to get rid of her.

Zia was naive and would believe anything she was explained to. So Augustine made stories, heart crushing stories that she was bound to believe in but in lieu of Augustine’s behaviour it didn’t take much time for her to understand that it was a parting note and a never come back notation. With tearful eyes and a heavy heart she agreed with her fate. They parted.

Soon she realized a blunder that she had done; she got emotionally attached to Screw. But he was imaginary, they could never be together, so she had to let go of him. She was losing her mind and the ache in her heart elevated to another level.

Well, time is speedier than thoughts, at one end she thought about parting from her buddy and at the other end he vanished. She tried to look for one chance to talk to Screw and clarify. But imaginary people are stubborn beings once they are gone you cannot bring them back. Zia was solitary again.


Her existence seemed hollow, she wished to be dismantled and recycled. She felt like she had fallen into a dark pit and no one would rescue her and then she would just sob and rot away. Sitting in the corner of a closet she sobs and sniffles, can no one hear her? She thought.

Out of the blue, a soft hand pats on her shoulder. She looks up, it’s the face of an angel just no wings or halo around. She wonders did she drown in her own tears and die. A warm smile greets her with a slight frown on the forehead. The eyes behind those glasses looked fascinatingly at Zia. His parted soft lips ask her “Hello! I’m Vincent. Will you be my doll?”…

 

                      …To Be Continued

© 2015 Frozen Eyes


Author's Note

Frozen Eyes
Life goes on...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I couldnt help but be sucked wholeheartedly into this poem. Zia was such a beautiful character for her innocence, but so far a tragic character. I became easily emotionally invested into this story. The way her character takes shape in this work is pretty interesting. It was sad for me to see people in her who become what those who care about them need to be and never seem to find their own sense of self worth.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

8 Years Ago

Most of the people become naive and selfless when they are pampered and cared for, rarely do they se.. read more



Reviews

No lie the dolls creeped me out lol... I liked the story though it was very good :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

8 Years Ago

OMG r u pediophobic? LOL
Thank u for not bing creeped out by the story and thnks for liking i.. read more
AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

haha I dont think I am there was just something about the pictures lol
I couldnt help but be sucked wholeheartedly into this poem. Zia was such a beautiful character for her innocence, but so far a tragic character. I became easily emotionally invested into this story. The way her character takes shape in this work is pretty interesting. It was sad for me to see people in her who become what those who care about them need to be and never seem to find their own sense of self worth.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

8 Years Ago

Most of the people become naive and selfless when they are pampered and cared for, rarely do they se.. read more
Wow.This is amazing. I've never seen anything like it before and I absolutely love it.
The story is easy to comprehend and is a tribute to those guiltess souls like Zia.Thank you for sharing this with me.This has made my day.😀

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frozen Eyes

8 Years Ago

Im glad you liked it :) and connected to Zia so well :) Kepp reading :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015
Tags: doll, love, naive, fantasy, heart, heart break, sad, sorrow, pain, anxiety, suspense

Author

Frozen Eyes
Frozen Eyes

Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India



About
Here to express supressed feelings, dreams that never came true, failed rebellions and some sweet memories. more..

Writing
Rock Solid Rock Solid

A Story by Frozen Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Stealer Heart Stealer

A Story by Afraa