Chapter One: The House

Chapter One: The House

A Chapter by RawrAngel

Dark clouds roll into a setting of heavy rain and thunder, echoing across the lands of Venice, Italy making the water canal's bare, and empty as the paved roads of the city, with everyone inside to keep warm from the rains, everyone, but one man. One man, ran across the water covered streets, as he dashed through the storm that covered the city like a blanket, to finally find shelter under a sunroof from one of the homes, as he panted for a short moment for his breath. His dark green eyes stared up to the sky as he watched a lightly bolt stretch out across the darkness, making him press himself against the door of the house as thunder rolled over as loud and close as it could have been. "Had to be today.." His whispered softly, turning to the door with a gentle sigh, knocking only thrice, against the wooden frame. Using what he could have his hand to whip some of the water off of his 5'o'clock shadow, as a elderish man opened the door, wearing a simple black tux, but an unwelcoming gaze. "Can i help you sir?" He asked in a husky voice to the young man. "Uh,.. " The man stared at the elder for a moment, looking him over for a second before he reached into his pocket and pulled out an reporter I.D. "Yes, Yes forgive me, I am Keiser, the Reporter, Ms.Darkken called in two nights ago.." The elder man looked unmoved by the young man's I.D, and reasoning for being at the front door, knocking at such a time, and in such weather, but a female voice, cold, and soft as it was, spoke from behind the elder man. "Let him in, He is telling the truth." The voice was hypnotic, almost like an angel speaking to the young man, and whispering in his ear, but when the elder man moved and opened the door, he revealed no angel, but a normal female demon, who appeared like any other aristocrat, with a smile so sweet, the young man felt his heart melt. "Come in from the rain child, you'll catch your death." Like a puppy, he nodded and obeyed, stepping inside with a smile, as the elder man closed the door, and took his rain coat. "The reading room is this wa-" The Elder man began to speak, and lead the man into a room that was right next to the entry way, but the women only shook her head and interrupted. "He is not that kind of guest, and with my family here, i wrather not bother them with my own........ amusment." Her white eyes peered over the human with a sly grin, as she extended her hand for him to take, "Come, we shall go into the office and continue our conversation there, Mr.Keiser." The young man blinked slowly and looked to her hand, and noticed just what exactly the women was wearing. She had on a long red dress, that barley covered her breast on her chest, but hugged her curves perfectly, decorated with a Chinese dragon, raising to her back, with no jewelry on, nothing special, but her hair was half up, half down, with curls. The man raised a brow at her choice of fashion, as he placed his rough grown hand into her small soft hands, letting her lead him up the grand stair ways, into a room that looked to be a reading/office room, with bookcases on every wall, and a large desk in the middle, that was organized nicely with papers, pens, and utensils. "Nice Place you have here, Ms.Darkken..." He spoke with a assuring smile she was the mistress of the house. "Miss? I am sorry I am not a Miss, You will refer to me a Naevia, or Ms.Naeiva, is that understood, young man?" The man again raised a brow at her, as she addressed that he was younger then her, yet she looked to be no more then his daughter's age. "Excuse me, but I don't think you should call your elders... young." He mocked, but she only giggled in a growl, her cold eyes starring him down. "Be careful Mr.Keiser, things are not always what they appear." With that said, Naevia took a seat at the desk, and presented him a chair on the opposite side of the desk. "Right so, before we begin with your life story, may i ask you a few questions on why?" The man began as he sat down. "MY life story? I thought it was the Darkken's you wanted information about..." Naevia's eye's narrowed at him, making Keiser shift and clear his throat nervously. "No No thats why I am here, but i need to know how you are a official Darkken before i can count your.... answers, as factual." As Keiser's words were absorbed by Naevia, she seemed to relax, as she sat back with a nods, as a sign for him to continue. "Ok, well... uhm.. Why-" He began to ask, but another inerruption caused Keiser to freeze, as another demon, standing around 6 maybe 7 foot tall, stood in the door way of the office, and just his appearance frightened Keiser. "Uhm... Hello I'm-" Keiser, began but the demon snarled at him with narrowed dark eyes, slicked back hair with a few bangs in his face, that came down to a scar that seemed to slit across, and horns that looked like they were on fire, wrather then solid. Naevia didn't seemed bothered at all, infact she smiled widely and spoke in a language to the male, that Keiser didn't understand. "RaJi, miko uye nosu." The male seemed to acknowledge her, as he shifted his eyes to her, and slowly began to calm down some, but his tone didn't seem at all happy. "Giu dotji boswu adash to." Naevia sighed looking to Keiser, then back and then man and shook her head. The Male demon only replied in a huff. "Fityu ofti sokum." And with that, walked away, glaring at Keiser, not helping his nerves at all. "And he was...." Keiser dared to ask. Naevia giggled in a growl at his jibberyness. "One of my man cousins Havok, he wished to know why a human was here that was not of the DraVaDem." "He didn't seem happy if you ask me." Keiser said sarcastically. "No.. No he wasn't.. so what are your questions before we start, Mr.Keiser?" Naevia asked leaning onto the desk with a sly grin. "Yes... right my questions." Keiser smiled as he cleared his throat, taking out a note book and pen from his pocket. This was going to be a long long night... for Mr.Keiser.


© 2012 RawrAngel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on September 3, 2012
Last Updated on September 11, 2012


Author

RawrAngel
RawrAngel

Somewhere over the rainbow, FL



About
I'm your typical writer, here on this wonderful sight sharing my talent, and here to perfect it. I'm into horror, adventure, romance, and of course your out of the normal tales. I tend to go from good.. more..

Writing