The name is Us. The place is nowhere. The time is always.

The name is Us. The place is nowhere. The time is always.

A Story by Floophey
"

For a girl, from a boy

"

The sun woke him with a kiss. Soft and tender rays caressing his forehead, then his eyes right down on his lips. He blinked. He was content to just lie there upon the sand. Sand that massaged his back and shoulders, lulling him into a false sense of home. The rise nearly sent him spiraling back into void. He managed to remain present.
For the moment, He thinks. He now stands, soft in the moonlight, his breath roiling with impurities.
 Smoking will do that to you, another thought.
Today is an important day for him, or is it night?  He decides on twilight a beautiful word. We will call him Daryl. He begins walking. He begins slowly at first then briskly eager to begin. The warmth on his back sings him a farewell and not for the last time.

Daryl approaches Vida café. His walk reverses in on itself. The coffee house is red a colour that brings out the worst in him. He finds her sitting in her corner, waiting, maybe for him. Daryl moves slowly towards her. They meet each others eyes in unison and create their own world. There’s my silver lining, he murmurs. Her words never leave her mouth. She moves slowly aside to allow him into her berth. There is barely enough room for the both of them. The air tastes like sweat and roses, they both would smile at the memory, but they don’t. Coffee arrives before conversation does.

She begins, “So Daryl, Long time.” It had been three weeks. He lets his smile blossom. “I would have called-
“but you did not”
Theirs eyes meet and time falls away, but only for small second. “Why are we here?”, starts Daryl. “I wanted to see you one last time, before saying goodbye”, she ends. They sip their coffee, cold. Just like that their heart breaks all over again. He yearns to hold her and she yearns to be held, to be healed. Daryl places his cup down briskly at first then slowly. She blinks away his tears as he holds on to hers. Daryl stands uneasy and walks out. He does not look back once and just like that their world ends.

© 2016 Floophey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on June 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016

Author

Floophey
Floophey

Cape Town, South Africa



About
I am trying to get into writing. more..

Writing