Prologe

Prologe

A Chapter by FzAngler

Prologue.

 

As you enter the Green Fletcher it looks like any other Inn not the home of one of the greatest heroes of the land.  To the right of the door is a bar, straight ahead a grand staircase, to the left a dining area filled with circular tables made of cuts taken from large elm trees with finely polished tops reflecting the dancing candle light from the hanging chandeliers above.  Beyond the dinning area, a grand fireplace stands with several overstuffed, leather bound, comfortable chairs.  In one of those chairs sits a man warming himself with his cloak pulled closely around him.   He sits motionless as if he were a part of the chair itself.  Suddenly, from up above a thunderously loud crashing noise comes booming through the down stairs.  The noise comes closer. Unexpectedly a door bursts open upstairs, and spilling down the grand staircase come two small bodies tumbling to the bottom with a thudding stop.  Two mangled bodies lay on the floor motionless being eyed from beneath the cowl of the man’s hood. When all of a sudden one of the bodies burst out with laughter and then the other.  They sit up; it is two young boys, maybe 10 or 11 years old.  One yells to the other and says,” that was great, let’s do it again.”  They are brothers; Orion is 10 years old, small, thin and wiry like his Elvin heritage would demand.  Conor is 11 years old, average height, but has the larger, stocky frame of a human matching the human genes in his ancestry.  They had been re-enacting a battle from the Prejudicial Wars and in the process knocked down a large cabinet upstairs’ causing all of the noise.  Orion notices the stranger in the chair watching them.  His keen Elvin eyes pierce the shadows of the cloaked figure and recognizing him suddenly, he yells out “Grandpa”!  Both Conor and Orion race to his embrace.  They bombard him with questions.

“ Where were you?”

” When did you get back?”

“Are you staying this time?”

“Did you bring us anything?”

 “Whoa! Slow down. One question at a time,” Said Avery.  “First I was visiting our friends to the North.  I got back early this morning.  I am staying for a short visit.  What kind of Grandfather would I be if I did not bring gifts?  Conor bring me my satchel from over there.”  Conor brings Avery his bag and from it he produces two small ornate flutes.  He gave them each one.

  “Wow! Grandpa these are great! Thank you!” said the boys.

  “Now hold on,” said Avery“ These aren’t just toy’s.  They are special Elvin soul flutes.”   “What are those Grandpa”? 

“They are special flutes made in pairs that bond the owners to each other that no matter how far apart they are, when played in a certain way they can communicate and find each other so they will never be lost to each other.  As you two are brothers, you will never be lost to each other.”

  “Wow! Thank you Grandpa these are the best gifts ever!” the boys cheered.   

“Grandpa, tell us a story.  Not one about the Prejudicial Wars.  We’ve heard all of those. Tell us about the Gypsy Marauders.”

  “Ok” said Avery, “that was a long time ago I will try to remember it.  Get comfortable. Here we go.”



© 2017 FzAngler


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm intrigued... can't wait for the upcoming chapters...

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017