The Escape

The Escape

A Chapter by G-Money

Nyan Cat:  Genesis


Chapter 1:  The Escape

 

Nyan sighed as she wiped the last tear from her cheek.  There’s no way that I can survive alone out here, she thought.  She was enshrouded in darkness; cold and alone, there was no hope in sight.  All of her friends and family were gone, and she would likely never see them again.

 

Only a week before, life had been going fabulously for Nyan.  She was still living in her village of Popcaton, the only place she had known in her young life.  She was surrounded by cats who loved her, and she savored every moment of her serene and blissful existence.

 

One day, however, she did something no cat had ever done before:  she dyed her tart.  The young, rebellious cat felt a need to send a message to the traditionalist village Elders, who were none too pleased with her outrageous stunt.  Her bright pink hue made her stand out in the village, and she was soon summoned to trial.

 

“Never, in all my years, have I witnessed such a disgrace to our community,” bellowed a disgruntled Elder.  “We are chocolate-tarted cats, and nothing else.

 

“But I’m not cherry-tarted,” replied Nyan.  “I’m still a chocolate-tarted cat at heart.  My outward appearance is all that has changed, and I’m still proud of who I am.  The pink is an expression of my individuality, of who I truly am.  It’s just a coat of frosting.  I would never betray my fellow cats.

 

“You have betrayed us, young one!  You know very well our hatred towards the evil health.  We do not consume fruit, vegetables, or any other worthless junk of the sort.  Your cherry-tarted colors symbolize the enemy, and are a direct assault on the integrity of our community.

 

“The cherry-tarted cats have been extinct for 10,000 years!  We’re the only cats remaining on this planet, and it’s silly to think I’m some kind of threat or enemy.  I’m just expressing myself; fun, love, happiness, and joy.  That’s who I am.

 

“There is no individuality here.  You are a citizen of Popcaton, and nothing more.

 

“No.  That’s where you’re wrong.  I’m a cat, who just happens to live here.  Each one of us is so much more-

 

“I command you to revert to your original colors, or you will be executed.  We have always retained our chocolatey appearance.  That is the way it always has been, and that is the way it always will be.

 

“I refuse to give in to your traditionalist ways.  You need to realize that we’re each unique, and that we can collectively improve.  Just because something has always been done a certain way doesn’t make it right!  We need to modernize our community.  Your imagination is as weak as Monday through Friday!

 

“Directly insulting an elder?  Political dissidence?  You have requested execution, and that, young cat, is a request which I can grant you.”

 

 

 

 

Nyan let out a scream as the executioner approached.  It was her best friend, Rebecca, and she was carrying an axe of celery.

 

“Don’t do this, Rebecca!  We’re best friends!

 

“I know that, Nyan, and it pains me to do this, but it has to be done.  Your political dissidence poses a threat to our village, and we could have unrest and upheaval if you stay here.

 

“But you know that I’m right!  You told me yourself that you liked my pink frosting.  You know it’s just a coating; you know I’m still Nyan inside!  Why don’t you change, too?  You know it’s an expression of freedom.

 

“I completely agree with you, Nyan, but the Elders have strict control over the village.  If I step out of line, they would kill me, too.

 

“But how can our society advance if we don’t have freedom?  It’s better to die for justice than to live and promote injustice."

 

Rebecca took a step back.  She knew that she wanted to help her best friend, but she could imagine the consequences of helping the prisoner escape.  She was faced with a terrible dilemma, and she wanted to get it over with before she really started thinking.  This had to be quick. 

 

She closed her eyes and slung the celery stalk.

 

…but there was no crack.  She opened her eyes, but what she saw wasn’t the puddle of gooey chocolate filling that she had expected:  on the converse, Nyan was still in one piece.  Not only that, but Nyan was floating several feet in the air and emitting a polychromatic stream of light in the direction of the celery stalk!  The stalk withered away, disintegrating into nonexistence.

 

Stunned, the entire community of cats could muster only a blank stare.  No one could explain what had just happened, but they were sure of one thing:  the Elders had been right, and this Nyan cat was trouble.  A couple of the male cats, who had brought pieces of lettuce in anticipation of a rebellion by the troublemaker’s friends, charged at the levitating iridescence.  They hurled their projectiles, but by that time, the menace was gone.

 

“Keep guard at the borders of the village,” commanded one Elder.  “We won’t let her back in.  There’s no way that she can survive out there.  Give her 5 hours, and she’ll have been eaten by the Giants.”



© 2011 G-Money


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, i liked that. And post another chapter soon?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was really entertaining. Loved the friend with the Celery stick. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha! Funny how you take a cute little character and start writing a story for it. You have quite the imagination. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

218 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

G-Money
G-Money

Boston, MA



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by G-Money


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by G-Money


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by G-Money