Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Gabawakie

           "What are you trying to say, Paul?" I demanded, venom in every word. I clutched the blue teddy bear he gave me ten minutes ago.

             “I'm just saying that I don't think it's going to work out." He looked at me with no emotion in his eyes. Usually I could read him so well. I took in his features, his big brown puppy dog eyes, his shaggy dark brown hair that hung in his face, his beautiful straight pearl white teeth. I don't want to lose him. After all that we've been through? We've gone through everything together. How could he do this?

     "So you're just saying, that after 2 years of us, you're willing to throw it away that quick?" My voice was growing louder and louder with each word I spoke. I sat down on the grass and crossed my legs. My arms still clutched the bear, while a stray tear slipped off of my cheek. Paul was still standing on the sidewalk in front of my house.

    He knelt down beside me, "Pumpkin, I'm not throwing it away. We just need some time." I shuddered at the name. "I don't regret those 2 years, they were the best years of my life," He finished. His hand was on my knee, sending tingles through my body. Realizing, I pulled away. I was getting angrier and more frustrated, as he kept talking.

    "Don't call me that," I snapped. "You want to give us a break on this day? On this very day?" He gave me a confused look. "Do you even know what today is?" He shook his head.

            I got up and threw the bear in the middle of the road. "Think about it!" I yelled, storming back to my house. How could he do this? The only time we have broken up was about 7 months ago, and that had been my fault. I apologized that night and we were fine. But I have a feeling the word 'sorry' isn't going to cut it. Not from either of us.

          I heard a horn and spun back around, getting ready to yell again. But Paul was there, in the middle of the road, holding the blue bear. I saw the truck holding cement coming around the bend. Paul looked up with sorry eyes.

            "Paul! Look out! I yelled. He still didn't move. "WATCH OUT!"

          A smile came across his lips and said something in-audible. I could read his lips. Happy Birthday.

         As I ran to the road, I saw him wave right before the truck hit him.

    Tears came streaming down my face. I ran out into the middle of the road, not caring if I got hit too. He was sprawled out , gasping and holding his side. Blood soaked the gravel. I pulled his head into my lap carefully and held him. He tried to smile, but was taken away by pain. I pulled up his shirt to examine his side.  A huge gash covered his shoulder to his hip. A direct hit from the truck.

   "Why?" I whispered, knowing he won't have much time left.

     "I L-l-love you." He managed to gasp out. His pained, sweet voice rung in my ears. Paul looked up and met my eyes. I noticed that fear wasn't in them. Just plain love.

   "I love you, too. You know that. Please don't go." I said , my hushed voice just above a whisper. I dipped my head down to kiss him. I felt him give a smile, and I pulled back. I couldn't tell if the tears on his face were mine or his.

           "I have to Pumpkin. I d-don't think I have a c-c-choice." It took him a few minutes for him to say all that. Tears ran down my face as I grasped Paul’s hand.

   "I know."

   "Bu-but I'll see you later, kay?" he managed with a smile.

    I nodded my head, as it became harder for him to breath. By now we were both covered in blood. His body kept shaking and sweat was pouring out of him. I pushed his hair back off his forehead, covering it in more blood.

        "Happy. Birthday" I smiled through my tears at his words. " I. Lov-" He took one last breath, and he was gone. My boyfriend was dead. He was never coming back. Gone forever.

        I forced my hand to close his eyes. The bear was in the crook of his elbow, while his hand was still grasping mine. I knew that this was the last time I would see him and touch him.

                   I love you.



© 2013 Gabawakie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on June 18, 2013
Last Updated on June 18, 2013
Tags: teenfiction, romance, teen, comedy


Author

Gabawakie
Gabawakie

FL



About
Well, I'm a 15 year old junior in high school. It's always been a dream of mine to publish a book one day and I thought, what better way to accomplish that than to post some of my original stories on .. more..

Writing
Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Gabawakie


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Gabawakie