Eyeliner

Eyeliner

A Poem by JanuaryDreamer♥
"

www.oneword.com

"

I don't see why girls put on makeup
all of it is such a waste of pure beauty
I don't get why a lot of girls use eyeliner
because they're beautiful enough without it.

 

I don't ever wear make up and people
compliment me daily, but I'm not gloating
I'm just trying to prove a very serious point
that a lot of you girls need to get into your heads.

 

And for some of you guys who use the makeup too
all I have to say is that you don't need the guyliner
just because girls do it to "make themselves look better"
doesnt mean you need to too, you all look perfect the way you are.

 

Eyeliner and other makeup products aren't needed, seriously.
You all need to come to the conclusion that we're all equal
and that if you got a problem with your looks you need to stare
hard in the mirror, it's not what you see outside..it's what you see inside.

 

Inner beauty is what matters most, I don't get why we have to
make ourselves "good enough" for other people because they
need to learn to take us as we are and we shouldn't have to change
ourselves to fit their standards because we're perfect the way we are.

© 2011 JanuaryDreamer♥


Author's Note

JanuaryDreamer♥

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this was soooo amazing!!! a lot of girls feel without makeup their ugly, but you made a very important point and its true you get more complements when you don't wear makeup. on facebook there was a event true beauty day wear girls didn't put on makeup their hair was in ponytails and they wore sweats. it was nice to see everybody's true beauty. i loved this, and you picked two amazing songs to go with your message that i wish more girls and boys could understand. outstanding!!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I tend to wonder about this often. it is really, at least to me, just a silly thing society seems to do. It's a good poem though and really points out that we don't need to follow all of these rules to live a happy life. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wear eyeliner to feel beautiful, not to look that way, I put it on because it makes me feel better. But this is a very good and well written poem :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


More power to you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


sometimes we ware makeup to hide, so ppl dont ask whats wrong...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very true. So many of us wear too much makeup and as my dad puts it, " it looks like warpaint."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very true, very true!! Go write, my friend. Although, I personally don't like wearing make-up because I think my face looks better without it, but whatever. I know my favorite cousin feels the only way that she looks pretty is with makeup though I've tried time and time again to tell her she doesn't need it. Maybe this could help her!! Anyway; good write, well done, keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I totally get the point that you're putting across and it is a great one, but sometimes makeup for fashion is okay...like the emo eyeliner. As long as it isn't too often though. But I also totally agree with you...most girls shouldn't wear makeup because they are perfect just the way they are :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do wear makeup. Hardly ever eyeliner, though. I know you probably think I am just saying this but, I feel just as beautiful without it. And my is almost never straightened, curled, blow dried, or filled with product.

Aside from my personal routines...I LOVE LOVE this poem! And the songs compliment your message perfectly and really highlight the strong points. Thank you for reminding us that we are all "good enough" and beautiful.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well said.



Posted 13 Years Ago


This is sooooooooooooooooooo true! I never wear makeup and I always have people ask me why not. :D And I'm cause its pointless. Anyways... great poem:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1423 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011

Author

JanuaryDreamer♥
JanuaryDreamer♥

under your bed..duh! ew..fkin dust bunnies gallore!, CA



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Truth My Truth

A Poem by Tate Morgan