A New Spring

A New Spring

A Story by GZ

As the steps taken towards a goal become countless, and the weight of each step becomes heavier to perform, we struggle. We fall. As the sun stands high, the moon sleeps tight... we tend to perceive only the light casts, ignoring the shadows that it projects behind us. And as those shadows grow, patiently in the darkness of our innocent ignorance, we move on. We step on, again. We climb up from the down of the pit we fell in, we rise for a new beginning, racing shadows that will never dispatch from us. We run hoping for a better future, a new life. A new Spring.

We mankind, we are the venom of this world, but as for every venom we are also the cure. It's common knowledge: a vaccine can be made only after the first infection has taken place. So we infected stand and frightened and hopeless walk, towards a non set goal. Towards a wish more than a hope. Towards a light that has already been gone. We walk. Surrounded by the darkness, forgot by a sun that left us stranded and alone, guided only by the moon and it's love. But we walk. We never stop as we know those shadows are still there, not forgotten but left behind only by one step. We walk, hoping the sun will reveal our ghosts. We now run, again, hoping for a better future, a new life. A new Spring.

We run, dawn to nightfall, sunrise to sunset, day after day in a jungle of strings and puppets. We run afraid of what we left behind, never forgetting about details in the past, always bringing those memories with us. Like a soldier carrying an already dead comrade ignoring the fact that as for now it is but a dead weight we are carrying. But we run, exhaustively towards our wishes, desires, highest ambitions and designs. So... we run hoping for a better future, a new life. A new Spring.

But what exactly is this so dear Spring we are running to? Is it just a dream, a hopeless yet so pure fantasy of an improbable reality? Or is it there more? Maybe we run in the hope of a new beginning. A new start, The Omega of the past, the Alpha of the now new start. Maybe what we want is just forget about the learning we did, about the experiences we had, the people we met, the things we felt. We just want to be reset. We are but expired dates on a calendar of names, waiting hopeless to meet our fates. But now we began again...

As the steps towards a goal become countless, and the weight of each step feels lighter to perform, we enchant. We love. As the sun stands high, the moon sleeps tight... we tend to perceive only the light it casts, ignorant of the fact that the shadows we never faced, and that always followed us are now gone. We move on. We step on, again. We run... still racing shadows that we will never be sure we dispatched, unless we stop and look at our past. We are stuck on a loop that will never end. Repeating a history that has already seen an end. We run hoping for a better future, a new life. A new Spring.

© 2014 GZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent, I enjoyed reading this. As I grow older my step feels lighter to perform, although still stuck in the loop that is me, but still hoping for a new Spring.

Posted 9 Years Ago


GZ

9 Years Ago

Yes. Past can be full of sweet memories. But those were but present when they happened. We tend to l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014

Author

GZ
GZ

Italy



Writing
5492 5492

A Poem by GZ


Forgot Smiles Forgot Smiles

A Poem by GZ


Masquerade Masquerade

A Poem by GZ