Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alice Grey

Hello, My name is Jessica. Yeah typical start to my story, but don't worry. It wont stay typical for long. You see, i have a special ability most people don't even know about. I can astral project. yep, that's right i can travel through my dreams. Kinda like that one movie with the little kid, but it's for real and doesn't attract demons. or at least not that i'm aware of. I usually wake up fine and dandy. There are a few more differences between real life and the movie though, since i am able to go into other peoples dreams, and also i'm completely safe in the dream world. the dream world was a bit scary at first, the place was so big. Mostly clouds and it was also really small at the same time. It wouldn't make sense unless you've been there. but its like the clouds were translucent so i never really FELT safe in there. there could've been anything there to come after me, and they would see me first. But that's when i met Sam, he scared me at first. his short golden blond hair. His icy light blue eyes, that looked like crystals or snowflakes. His nose which was in a short shape, not to pointy but not to flat. His mouth, was a pink red colour and was in a perfect crescent smile. "Hello?" He asked. when i realized he was a human like me, I was relieved. "Hi," I responded, walking slowly towards him. I felt comfort near him. like he was base in the game of tag. "Who are you?" he walks closer still smiling, "My name's Sam," He extends a hand, "yours?" I reluctantly pull my hand out of my jacket pocket and shake. "My names Jessica. umm, where are we?" His smile gets wider, "Well right now we are in the dream world HUB." He points to a huge oak door, and says "That's where you came from." I suddenly remembered what had happened, i was having a nightmare about spilling my coffee on my brand new clothes, and my mom scolded me for wasting her money. i then ran through those doors and came here. Sam points to another set of doors, which are made of some sort of metal. "Those aluminum doors over there are to my dreams, but we shouldn't go there for now." i can hear the fear in his voice, "Were you having a nightmare or something?" I ask. He looks over his shoulder at me and nods, it must've been a really bad nightmare since i could practically see the fear in his EYES. i reach down and grab a handful of clouds, "Cloud-ball fight!" i yell as i toss the newly formed wad of clouds. Sam dodges the puff and grabs another wad from the ground, he flings it at me at a speed so fast it feels impossible, i couldn't dodge in time. It hits me in the face and i wipe the cotton candy like substance off my face. "Hey! How'd ya do that?" I ask him, staring into his blue eyes. He shrugs, "I guess i'm just used to having lucid dreams, unlike you." Let me pause this story to tell you one thing, i may have lied a bit in the beginning, by saying it was absolutely safe. Its not. Suddenly i felt pains in my body, like sharp needles penetrating my body all at once, like every singe bit of my body fell asleep. Or woke up. It was clear Sam felt it also, since he was running back to his door yelling, "Hurry get back to your door, or you will be stuck here!!" I suddenly jolted into action, but it was hard to move my body. every move i made my body got more and more painful, until finally i reached the wooden oak door. i heard a slam of Sams door, and i rushed to open my own. i swung it open, and jumped in. I opened my eyes, i was awake. Or maybe not.


© 2015 Alice Grey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015


Author

Alice Grey
Alice Grey

Seattle, WA



About
I am an 18 year old girl from Seattle Washington, I am inspired by many poets including, Edgar Allan Poe, and Shakespeare. I am also inspired by writers like R.L Stine, JK Rowling and Erin Hunter. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by Alice Grey





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5