How to Save Your Garage Door Against Hurricane-Winds

How to Save Your Garage Door Against Hurricane-Winds

A Story by Garage Door Repair Edmonton
"

Strong winds including hurricanes and tornadoes do occur in Canada.

"


Strong winds including hurricanes and tornadoes do occur in Canada. In some cases, these winds can cause great structural damage. Residential garage door is one of your home’s largest opening. Some of the doors can stand through the wind while others might get damaged. If your garage door gets damaged, it will provide a way for wind to enter inside and can cause big damage to your essentials and vehicle. Hurricanes and tornadoes are strong enough to blow out your home's windows, roof and even outer walls. In order to keep your family and belongings safe, you need to prevent this type of situation by using proper installation.

Precautions to secure your garage door against strong winds:

Braces

A bracing system, also known as a retrofit system, is used to secure your door by adding vertical braces to a horizontally creased door, from floor to the ceiling in order to provide support. These braces are installed from the interior side of your room's wall. It doesn't matter what shape, size or material it is made of, instead you may require heavier and stronger braces to support a much heavier door. One of the advantage of this bracing system is that its not permanent. You can remove braces anytime in a non- windy season and can again install them if you think stormy season is approaching near.

Accessories / Enhancements

Inspect your overhead door and its other essential parts such as tracks to ensure that they are tightly and securely attached to the wall with heavy bolts, anchoring it to the wood or masonry. If the track bolts are loose, then check the anchors and bolts to tighten them. If track is damaged, install a stronger track to grant more security. Do inspect regularly especially other parts such as hinges and rollers to ensure there are no missing screws.

Reliable Springs

Springs provide good safety and grip to residential as well as commercial garage doors along with braces and other enhancements. If springs are up or down and are not properly inclined, they can be insecure and quite dangerous. You’ll need to call a professional garage door repair service to adjust the springs in a proper manner. Identify further adjustments, if required, by lowering your up-and-over door halfway.

Replace Your Door

If you are living in a harsh climate area, and think your garage door isn't strong enough to withstand winds, then, instead of retrofitting that damaged door its advised to get it replaced. If you want such services in Canada, you can hire Edmonton garage door repair company. Installing a strong product can save your garage as well as home from any type of hurricane or tornado damage.

These were the few precautions you need to take to save your home from any type of damage during onset of strong winds or hurricanes. Garage Door Edmonton, is a leading garage door company which provides huge range of garage door repair, installation and maintenance services in Edmonton at unmatched costs.

© 2016 Garage Door Repair Edmonton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2016
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation, Cable

Author

Garage Door Repair Edmonton
Garage Door Repair Edmonton

Edmonton, AB, Canada



About
Edmonton Garage Door Repair provides affordable garage & overhead door sales, repair & installation services. Contact our local & expert technicians today. more..

Writing