An Overview

An Overview

A Chapter by The_Gargoyle

The truly humbling realisation is that everything is subjective.

As fragments of a universal truth we look through biological eyes and evolutionary bodies into the heart of the stars that forged us and try to catch a glimpse of something we will never even begin to grasp. To grasp is a human concept, to think as we do is a human construct, to believe as we do holds no more weight than the natural processes of fungi as they consume the rotting flesh of a fallen tree. We are part of which we struggle to 'understand', and tragically, or even humorously, we fail to achieve a sense that the universe is not without, but within. Humanity ignores its own irrelevance, and more fundamental still, we ignore the fact that every mystery is just a diluted or convoluted product of our evolutionary needs and genetic probability without a final understanding. Beyond our current collective knowledge lies only another perspective or consciousness, or even lack of one. And removing ourselves from our own human context is not something that we can ever achieve. Humans exist within biological fetters that enslave us to a mentality, a logic, an inquisition, none of which begin to quantify the nature of that which we exist within or without and in its ability to grant us a more ‘sentient’ lens with which to view it also condemns us to a complete stubbornness in relation to it. There is no possible means by which a human may ‘understand’, no circumstance in which ‘sense’ will be made, no eventuality other than irrelevance and ultimately a brief glimpse into the fires of an indifferent universe.


Frustratingly, to even state this is arrogant beyond means. This is because it is entirely possible that humanity is the only entity or collective sentience that can view the universe as truth and that our interpretation forges the truth as a precedent. It stretches the neurons thin to think that maybe our minds shape the cosmos, that we, specks of dust, may equate to a universal self-awareness, that even our regal universe may sit as nothing more than a shimmer on a corona of light and expanse that twists throughout planes and infinities vast beyond any capacity of quantification yet still inside and directed by the elements that compose it. Stranger still to muse that perhaps we are a simulated equation mapped to the minutia and left to wreak its mathematical havoc upon the synthetic stars. Perhaps we all may as well take some time to enjoy the entropy.


To dilute further, we feel obliged and intrinsically bound to our own selves and the folly of our biology, doomed to spend each day either conforming to its flow or raging against it in abject rebellion as if it were an unfortunate truth and our consciousness within as a pilot trapped in a mangled vehicle. We are as much the vessel as the pilot, and as mangled as we are, there surely must lie a peace within uniting yourself with ultimatum. To understand and enact deepest craving of all, a complete bliss within our own skin for no other reason than existing and to find the state within which our social constructs and inherent fickle nature are left to ponder their own immaterial irrelevance as we find It within our most treasured self-preservation to thrive upon ourselves. It appears as though this very notion is an impossibility, our biological and glandular nature pumping us full of chemical stimulation and imperative to the point where there is no objectivity and the logical nature of our brain is entirely conjoined to the impulsive and emotional influences working upon it physically. It seems claiming logic and emotion are separate is a falsehood in itself, as emotion is chemical action upon the brain and body and the very machinations of axons and neurons are simple exchanges on a chemical and molecular level over small gaps between extended arms of purpose built cells. If it is true that there is no separation between logical and emotion on any other level than a superficial human understanding of our own capability, then how is it one can find this detached state of peace in the void between complete loss of function and the impulsive facets of ourselves that cause us to be so affected as we live? This is the question many of us ponder in countless ways, dependant on personal definition of peace of course. In the end we all look within ourselves for the answers, and each with different eyes.



© 2015 The_Gargoyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on July 18, 2015


Author

The_Gargoyle
The_Gargoyle

Sydney, Australia



About
Just like to write every once in a while. more..

Writing
Before Before

A Poem by The_Gargoyle