What The Public Wants

What The Public Wants

A Poem by Devons

There’s not much hard payment

for the giving of words

Unless it’s what the public wants

And what they get

they’re forced to deserve

© 2010 Devons


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool. I really liked this one. It expresses the stupidity and greediness within consumerism. People use the public as a manipulative force because humans in large groups are controllable and only a few will step out. But if the public is persuaded into wanting something, they will strive for it with their filthy, greedy little souls until they get it, even if they don't understand what they want or if they don't realize that what they want is harmful or dangerous. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


as i see more and more nonsense of what the public wants...i am quite dissappointed on how nonsensical the public is getting...

Posted 14 Years Ago


You do share a world of thought in these brief lines... of popularity and parliaments... of the desires given over to public opinion... Excellent insights!

Posted 14 Years Ago


If I am the only person who ever reads a story that I have written and it still brings a tear to my eye after reading it many times, I guess it's ok.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. This is a strong piece of writing. Anything for the public at large, and when they get it...is it ever good enough? Perhaps not, but it IS what they deserve for being so demanding in the first place.

On the flip side, we have the giver of words. His craft dear to him, forced to drone out incessant nonsense because it is what will sell.

Very deep in just five lines. Excellent!

~True

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 7, 2010

Author

Devons
Devons

South West, United Kingdom



About
WE BREAK ACROSS THESE TRAM LINES I DRAW by Haz I draw them with lines of reflections through their steps enough space between them for your space.. more..

Writing
O Superman O Superman

A Poem by Devons



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..