Sweet Nothing

Sweet Nothing

A Chapter by Evans
"

Four wolf pups. A world to see.

"

Chapter 1

Sweet Nothing


Stage: Pup

The evening sun danced across the bright sky. A soft breeze carefully kissed the tree tops, leaving the grass below cold. Pups of the Gentle Breeze Pack played in a small clearing. Tangling themselves with each other as they leaped on one another. Cheerfulness filled the air with buzzing news of the next day.


Autumn, a black and bright yellow she-pup, barked on. "In the early SunRising, I'll be a Hunter!"


"I want to be a Guard. They always look so brave." Pastelrose, a light pink and brown she-pup, added laying on her side. "What about you Wildfire?' She turned her head to look at the red-orange and black she-pup sitting next to her.


Wildfire gazed across the field for a moment. "I may try the Hunter Rank with Autumn." She paused for a moment. "But, I may change my mind and join the Guard Rank with you."


Pastelrose sighed as she stood to her paws. "I know that Crescent wants to be in the Spy Rank." She changed the subject as she saw her the dark gray she-pup trot toward them.


"What you guys talking about?" She asked as she take a seat next to Autumn. "I wasn't gone to too long, was I?"


"Ranks," Autumn quickly said.


Wildfire's tail fanned the ground. "I still can't believe the we'll wake up as Training Wolves."


"Dreams start to come clear. I'll mess the worry-free days as a pup." Crescent sighed.


"No matter what we'll still be close friends." Pastelrose says. they all agree and the sun started to set over the wolves' camp. The Nursing Wolves soon lead the jumpy pups into their small cave den. The sky slowly turned a light blue and faint white. The wiggled around in the den, too awake to sleep.


A tall light pink and white Nursing Wolf came to the opening to the cave. "I wish the best to you all next SunRising. Grow up to be strong pups." She smiled down at them all. "Night."


"Night, Rose." The pup howled back at the she-wolf, finally calming down the sleep. 


XXX


The sound of leaves woke Crescent from her peaceful sleep. She glanced around with sleepy eyes, seeing that every-pup was still sleep. She carefully stood and walking around her pack mates bodies. Outside was claim and quiet. There were no Nursing Wolves to shoo her back into the cave like always. Then, across the field the color white flashed into the darkness. She fanned her tail in the air, knowing that no one had the same color white coat as Rose. She trotted where she last saw the color.


"Everything is ready, Shade." Rose's voice said to a large black wolf.


"Good," he replied as the other wolves behind him growled. With their bodies hidden in the shadows their eyes glowed in the moonlight. Their scent swam around Crescent. Her heart drummed against her ribs, her ear grew small and flat. She stubbles back, but before she could even see inside the dim cave it started.


Howls vibrated the air sending a worrying. Growls cut it with louder snapping of jaws. The call of so many wolves filled the pups ears. They all soon got up to see what was going on.


"Crescent?" Wildfire called out to her.


For a moment she stared at all the pups she grew up with. "Go. Run!" She whined as she started pushing others into the forest. The war noise got louder and some pups rush away. Others stood there in fear, shaking.


"You can't stay," Pastelrose whined, pushing them the other way. Soon they all was running in groups with Crescent, Autumn, Wildfire, and Pastelrose pushing them on with quite tears. The pups ran in different ways, but they continued to run together far away from their soon the be lost pack.



© 2016 Evans


Author's Note

Evans
Tell me what you think!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 31, 2016
Last Updated on December 31, 2016
Tags: Wolves, Fantasy


Author

Evans
Evans

Writing
Other Me Other Me

A Poem by Evans


Heavy Heavy

A Poem by Evans


Ink Ink

A Poem by Evans