Requiem's Nocturne

Requiem's Nocturne

A Story by C. Von Lichtenstein
"

Story of Silver.

"
Silver city, it wasn't like how I used to remember it, remembering it in the bright days as I used to call it. The bright days were when I had no cares in the world, everything was perfect and every day was a happy and memorable one. It was into the later days that I had plummeted into the darkness. To say, since things had gone for the worst I hardly remember them at all, what it was like to love myself and everyone around me.  I wished that I could close my eyes and see something memorable and something that I could be proud of, but whenever I close my eyes I see the opposite. Anything that was good and righteous in the world had been swallowed and conspired against.

Too long it has been, too long I have sat and I have stared into the incandescent eyes of darkness. Too long my body and my mind have suffered; both of them have become a warzone, a battlefield. I am not sure what to think of myself every time I stare into the mirror. All I see is someone who had failed someone not worthy enough to keep the current position as a queen. As I rose up my hand to press into the cold unforgiving refection I could no longer bare to stare into the desolate icy eyes of mine. The mirror was a full body one and lie it did not. I stared into the mirror long and hard, expecting, wondering. The reflection never lies to me no matter how long I stare into it. No matter how much magic I knew and could perform I still saw the same person time and time again. However, the mirror would not show my body as others would view me…they would be seen from how I saw myself.

Some days I would be a headless corpse with rouge blood dripping from the gaping opening where my head used to be. Sometimes I would lean in to see my stomach larger, as if I were pregnant once again. Perhaps the most frightening thing I saw was the way I used to look in the bright days. My body was pale with color, from my pinked blushing tender flesh of my n*****s up to the blush of my fair cheeks. My hair had never changed colors I was still a brunette and my eyes, my once euphoric green hues were alive. All I could do was stare it before I realized it wasn't real. It was perhaps the only time that it lied to me and showed me what I truly wanted to see. My once euphoric eyes replaced with the forlorn color of icy sapphires. If not for those visions I would forget what I used to look like all together. All I could do was stand in front of my mirror naked and gaze into it in silence.

Platinum stayed silent watching from one of the chairs that was placed by the bed. He could only watch me before I paused then looked back at him. All he could do was look at me and bow his head, in his silence I knew what he wanted. Anything that would help me feel better, anything that I he could do for me that would make me weak and make me forget.  I roamed over to him and lifted up his chin so that we gazed into each other's eyes…

We were one of the same so when I stared into his eyes I saw what was expected. I saw myself. I did not expect to see anything else. I reached down to stroke his cheek in my hand as he leaned in obediently. I didn't say anything to him before he began to speak first. I wasn't feeling angered today, only discreet. "Your son, it's been two days." He spoke to me. I knew of whom he spoke of. The one I dared not speak his name that was up in the attic of the tower.  I only nodded; to be honest I had a feeling of love towards him at first… now I have begun to despise his very existence.

"Two days…" I replied. I knew exactly what he meant by that too. Sometimes I would have fits where I didn't feel like feeding him. If he was going to live here he'd be just as miserable as I was. I removed my hand off of his face and turned my back to him.

"What should we do?" he asked. I thought for a moment. I did not want him to die, two days was punishment enough right now.

"Feed him." He nodded at me and bowed his head once more. Today was becoming a burden on me and fast. I placed my hands behind my back and looked down at myself. I knew I should change soon I could not stay in my room all day. Platinum did not say anything back to me instead he moved next to me and took my hand within his. He kissed my hand once before he let it down. I looked at him with the same expressionless gaze I gave to everyone else. He understood what it meant. As he left the room I could only look over my clothing that sat in the closet staring at it for awhile as if it were going someplace. I moved over to it and took in a soft breath.

I moved to place both feet into my dress and pull it up to my body before I zipped it up in the back. I moved my hair to the side and moved to stand in front of my mirror again. The idea was plaguing me. I began to ponder as I had forgotten my days before all of this had happened. I decided to rethink of those days before. I had been doing my best to avoid thinking about the days before Platinum, but now they had started to come back to me. I closed my eyes before I moved to my bed. I closed my eyes and fell back onto the bed. My chest was tightened, my body began spasming on its own as I arched my back painfully and cried. It was all of those pent up memories that began to get to me and finally… I could see them again.

My breath was hitched and I was barely breathing now as I lay flat against the bed, my arms out wide, and my mouth open as I began to remember once more.

TBC.

© 2010 C. Von Lichtenstein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on May 13, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2010

Author

C. Von Lichtenstein
C. Von Lichtenstein

Paris, France



About
I am a French writer...not really writing in French per se. I'm really....eccentric. I tend to write about whatever is on my mind fictional things, things human struggle with love, companionship, erot.. more..

Writing