Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by GeorgiaR

December 2015


New Year. Something fresh. A new place, a different time. The Scott's would surely have their place in my life this year. In fact they sat here now at 6pm in my kitchen with several other families, as it was my father’s turn to hold the New Year party.

Oliver stood close to me, whispering wonderful things. The vibrations of his voice hummed down my neck, sending giggling goosebumps down my spine. “I like that colour on you, it brings out your cheeks.” he whispered, and stroked my cheek, and I pushed him off and laughed. 


“Well that shade of blue really does look nice.” I spoke and fixed his bowtie, he winked at me, and kissed my cheek - “My father wants me to see some friends of his, will you be okay on your own?” he teased, and I shoved him to move.


My father then emerged pale faced, and slightly angry. “You have a visitor.” he scowled at me, and I gulped. I promise, I will be home for new year.

Had he come to see me. Was he going to demand to be my new years kiss? “I don’t appreciate you inviting him, I didn’t give you a plus one ticket - did I?” he snarled, coming close to my ear so his friends couldn’t hear him. “I didn’t invite anyone.” I pushed passed him, and went to see the cause of destruction. 


I had missed him. The destruction was blissful. His eyes were still a caramel indulgence, and his crooked little smile still made me laugh - “What are you doing here?” I said, and he spoke “Are you just going to stand there or are you going to give me a hug?” he whispered, the familiar smell was a god send. I loved it, warm rosemary and burning wood.


I knew I’d always be able to love him. I knew it since that fragile age of twelve - he knocked me over on his bike, and took me home, even when my father told him to leave, he stayed. Waiting outside in the wind - I’d be able to love him.  He stayed this time too. 

Just to give you an idea of what he’d done for me let me tell you something - something that I couldn’t tell Alec. Something which I knew he’d hate me for. All those times I would say No! I don’t love him. I might have been lying - not to spare his feelings, but so spare my own. 


The thing is I knew I could have him - the caramel eyed boy - I could have him when I needed him, but something always came up when he needed me. Do you f*****g love him?! Alec would shout in an argument, time and time again. I’ve only got eyes for you I would remind him. 


In an accident a few months later, Alec had kicked me out, and Liam let me stay with him after another incident caused by Alec.

Liam sat me down on the bed from my chair, he handed me my clothes, “Would you like me to run you a bath?” he asked, and I nodded a soft yes, and he turned to leave. Maybe it was the drugs I had not taken, because Alec had made me sick of them. Something compelled me to say, “But I can’t do it on my own”. 


“I’m happy to help” he spoke. He ran the bath, and with my silk red robe around me, and his tight arm, he cradled me to the bathroom, and he took of my clothes. Placing them on the floor. I gulped, as we stood in the low light of the bathroom. “Where do we begin?” he asked me, and it reminded me of the other nights with Alec in the bathroom, and how romantic he had tried to be, and how sweet I had found him. 


So, I wandered what had caused this reckless behaviour of mine, the danger of Liam. Liam with his messy hair and wonderful tattoo’s that weren’t in the same league as Alec’s, but equally as beautiful. I pulled on the silk tie that hung around my waist, and his fell open with ease. “Pull it off.” I whispered, and he let me lean against the side, as his two large hands ran over my shoulders, to reveal my pale skin, he seemed to adore the milky softness. 


“Do I need to lift you in?” he hummed lowly from behind me, his voice vibrating on my neck. Never before had I seen him so nervous around me, a few times - but never like this. So vulnerable, so exposed.

He leant down ,brushing his hand along my waist, as he lifted me with ease into the warm water filled with suds.


“Is that all I am required for?” he gulped at me, as the ends of my hair dipped into the water. “I wouldn’t mind it if you stayed, Liam.” I said not thinking about the words, looking nowhere but in Liam’s eyes, that enticed me, swallowed me, and engulfed me.


He took a sponge filled with water, and placed it on my shoulder, squeezing it so the water covered me, repeating the action two or three times. I washed my hair, and I saw him look at me, with such confusion, and admiration. “I do wish you wouldn’t be so quiet, I don’t like not knowing what you’re thinking.” I said, and looked away. I had only been this naked in front of Alec.

“I’m thinking you’re absolutely beautiful.” 


I blushed a crimson and turned my face, but he soon moved to the edge of the bathtub, and made me turn to face him, “Never hide from me. You don’t have to be embarrassed, Indie.” he whispered, taking his finger, running it down my jaw line. 


“Don’t you ever wonder what may of happened, if I would have just chosen you?” I asked him, the painful memory came back of me having to tell this boy I loved someone else. “I wonder that every time Alec makes you cry, or Alec makes you weep, or he ever hurt you, because you know throughout this thing with him, when have I ever made you cry an unreasonable tear?” he asked me.


“Never.”


“That’s right, never.” 


He clutched my face, and reached my hand from the warm water, to touch his cheek. “What do you want from me, Liam?” I asked in a low voice, “Sex, Revenge… tell me, because I can’t think of another reason that you are this close to me.” I said in a hushed voice. “What do I want?” he asked, and I hummed a sweet yes. “I want you to tell me you love me, even though you don’t mean.”


“Who said I wouldn’t mean it?” I asked.


“Your eyes when you look him. Your eyes when you look at me.” he sighed.


Though we had gone to kiss, we lost even more space, it seemed to pain him to look at me, and to open his heart out to me, so he took it back buried it in a cage 6ft under. “Are you ready to get out?” he stood up, taking my hands from his face, and loosing his grip on me. I almost drowned.

“I am.” I said, and though he looks at me naked before him, he still seems pained, though before he adored my body and my voice, now it seemed to make him weep. 


I sit down on my bed, as he helps me dress, and barley looks me in the eyes again. I finish dressing myself. “Are you okay?” he asked me, and I nod. “Are you?” I asked him. 


He sat beside me. “I miss you. The you who smiled in her own company, who didn’t care to be watched, but blushed and turned from me, is the you that I remember, and when this world has beaten you down, and taken everything from you, took everything you ever gave it, that is the you I will still remember. The you that made me smile just by breathing.”

He paused and touched my cheek, “The you, that could break my heart by frowning, the you that I would give up my forever for, just so you could have a tomorrow. I want a promise, or a deal, anything. Right now.” he says.


“What might that deal be?” 


“If at any point, you want to find yourself again, you won’t let Alec take you away, and you won’t turn to Oliver, you turn to me.

We go back to my apartment, and we find you. You travelled the world with Alec, and didn’t find yourself, but I promise, one night with me, in that apartment, you’ll remember exactly who you were before you became a home for a lost soul.” he spoke, and dropped his hand. “I could be willing to take that deal.” I sighed, feeling like I could be free. “The next time I kiss you, you will be Indie.” he spoke.


If he hadn’t turned up on my door step on new year, I wouldn’t have had to lie to Alec about loving him. “Well then?” I snapped back, and jumped into his arms, letting him encase himself around me. “You do realise you will cause world war three in this house!” I shouted at him, and he chuckled. 


“You always did look good in blue.” he smirked, and I pulled him inside. He didn’t exactly fit in - his tight denim blue jeans with ripped knees, his converse and a grey shirt. “You always looked good in converse.” I chuckled, and smiled at his smile.

“Liam?” I heard, and my mother was stood by the door, and she opened her arms for him. “You’ve grown.” she looked him up and down in all of his 6’2 towering height. “That happens in a year, Allison.” he kissed her cheek.


After three months away from Alec. Away from being love. It felt good to be in Liam’s arms. It felt good to have real company.


Liam had been to see his brother for a year in Canada - Zack moved over their for university. Liam wasn’t meant for university - he was more of a free soul. Liam dropped out of our school at fifteen, and by seventeen he left to see Zack, leaving me sixteen and heartbroken. 


That was why my father had such a problem with him.

I’d spoke to him, but it was difficult - he’d met someone. She was a major in science, and very intelligent. He’d want to talk about her, and I’d listen, but being much to fond of him - made it that much harder to be supportive. Do you know how many times i’ve heard - She’s beautiful. 


“How about we go and get a drink?” Liam spoke pressing his hand against my back, guiding me through my own house, but yet it felt much more like home with him in it.


“So, how was Canada?” I asked him with a small grin, and he took a whiskey and coke to his mouth and swallowed the burning liquid - “It had it’s up’s and it had it’s downs. But, it was mostly cold.” he chuckled, and I smiled at him.


“So, how’s it been since i’ve been gone?” he muttered, “Like this - dinner party, luncheon, meal’s and fake smiles. The usual. “I’ve heard you’ve been seeing someone.” he didn’t look at me when he said it, he kept his eyes down and on his drink watching it swirl and mix as he poured himself another one. “Where did you hear that?” I gulped. Just because he had told me he had fallen in love - I was under no obligation to tell him that I knew a boy, and had a fond interest in him. 


“Well just because i’m not here, it doesn’t mean people don’t tell me things.” he smiled up at me, “So, Alec Scott?” he snarled slightly. “What about him?” I asked softly, and he shook his head “You really don’t know what you’ve got yourself into.” he chuckled again.


“Liam, I’ve had this lecture from my dad. You think I need it from you too.” I sighed, and grabbed the whiskey from his hand, letting the feeling burn and I loved it. “I’m just saying, i’ve been friends with him for a while - I know what he’s like.” he shrugged and took the glass back.


“Friends? You never mentioned him.” suddenly intrigued by Liam’s understanding of this boy. “You never asked about my other friends - you knew I went to parties, you knew that I know a lot of  people that don’t fit into your world.” he smirked, and then added “In fact, I could be at party with all of those friends tonight, but here I am, trying to fit in.” he scoffed.

“Then let me get changed.” I stood up, letting this moment over take me. Did he think he was better than me because he tried to save my life? I’d try his. Besides, there was always something about Liam that left me wanting to know a little bit more, he made it sound enticing.


 I suppose the danger was.


Three minutes later, I have a black flared skirt, and a flowing floral vest shirt on. I kept on my black heels. I got to the bottom of the stairs and my father was stood there with Callum - I rolled my eyes and smiled - “You’ve changed.” my father spoke, and I didn’t know if he meant my clothes or something else. 


“I’m going out.” I told him, he shook his head and grabbed my wrist as I went to leave - “No, you are staying here, with your family and friends.” he snarled in my ear, “Friends - these aren’t my friends, they are who you want to be my friends.” I snapped.

“Don’t you dare walk out of that door, Indie.” he threatened me, “You aren’t going to cause a scene.” I taunted him back. Callum put his hand on my fathers shoulder, “I’ll have a word with her, don’t you worry.” and my father’s veins ran away with him.

Before, Callum could say anything, I saw Liam offering me a hand at my door, and I ran over to him, intertwined our fingers and ran of into the moonlight with him.


A feeling I always enjoyed.



© 2017 GeorgiaR


Author's Note

GeorgiaR
I'd love some more feed back!
I'd also love to know what characters you like so far, who you'd like to see more off, and how the characters make you feel reading it, if you like them or not!
But, thank you for reading, also if you'd like any feedback from me, just put a link to your book/poetry.etc. :D - Georgia x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on April 14, 2017
Last Updated on April 14, 2017


Author

GeorgiaR
GeorgiaR

Cheshire, Cheshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm just a girl who likes reading words on a page. more..

Writing
Everywhere Everywhere

A Poem by GeorgiaR