A Hard Life

A Hard Life

A Story by Geralyn Miller

     Damn!  I wish She had been the one who cleaned me.  I just love the way She carefully sweeps me everywhere; in my corners and under the trash can; neatly picking up the debris with the dust pan before she mops.

     She mops me with white vinegar, so I shine my best; and She frequently rinses the mop so there are no dirty streaks.  When She mops, I'm beautiful. 

     But today, he just had to mop, to surprise Her.  He didn't sweep, just squirted some of that nasty dish soap all over me and slopped it around with that disgusting filthy mop.  He never even touched my corners!  And under the trash can, OMG! he slopped dirty water on top of the dirt he didn't clean up.  I am a disgusting, streaky mess.  I feel very unloved right now. 

     Nobody loves me, and I sit here so patiently, day after day being walked on by disgusting dirty shoes; tracking in God knows what.  Everyone walks all over me, I'm unappreciated.  Woe is me and lackaday; poor pitiful me!

     Oh well, maybe She'll clean me up; after he goes to the gym.

     A Floor's life is so hard.

© 2010 Geralyn Miller


Author's Note

Geralyn Miller
Wierd Writer's Prompt

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

what about trash cans? no one cleans them!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You think a floor's life is hard, talk to the doormat!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 12, 2010
Last Updated on November 12, 2010

Author

Geralyn Miller
Geralyn Miller

Phoenix, AZ



About
I was born in the year of the Dragon, and am prone to roaring for amusement's sake. I have been writing poetry since I was eight. That's right, fifty years of poetry, all written in longhand. In ad.. more..

Writing
PTSD PTSD

A Poem by Geralyn Miller