If.

If.

A Story by Gillzy
"

Inspired by Kara, and her open writing.

"
Please No CSS

 

If I just put fingers to keyboard, or pen to paper, I wonder what will come out.
Will I talk of saddness or fondness, lost time or lost love?
If I just open my mind and let the words roll out,
Can my fingers really keep up?

I'll think of a line and forget it by the next thought.

I really like pink.

Next thought, love truly is smashing.

It brings a tear to my eye, even as I type, to think of love. To think of what it truly is, and what it means to me and to my lover.

My receiver of love, my giver of love, my one and only love. I think lover is a good way to describe him.

Don't get me wrong, love isn't perfect. Who's love is? If it IS perfect (as in a Musical), is real or just a fool's game?

Can I trust myself to speak freely of love? Perhaps I am worried. That someone will tell me I'm wrong. There is no right or wrong, but people still feel the need to say it.

I read a story of children and how at the age of 9, they lose their innocence. The fear of pressure and what other people say causes them to shut up entirely. Children of the age of 7 will freely draw an imaginary friend and make him communicate with other friends drawn by children of the same age.

-That big fluffy monster (too cuddly to scare), sitting in the corner is petrified by the dark but also frightened when I flick on the bright white light. So instead I use a torch. I introduce him to my other friend or should I say an “imaginary friend of a friend”. This is a robot... with glow in the dark features, and night vision in his veiwing frames. They get a long nicely. Zambo works as a night light, and can check for any “ghoulies” in the dark that might frighten Jinto, and Zambo likes the thought of having someone warm to cuddle into.-

But apparently children of the age of 9 are all too well aware of other peoples harsh responses. One child stands up to tell of his green friend, and another child -all too unaware of common curtesy- shouts “That looks stupid! His eyes are too close together.” At that, no other child in the class can share their wonderful creature, that is, if they've had enough thought to come up with their own that is (some couldn't even work imagination to create their own and drew a Pikachu, or copied the teachers example).

Luckily, for some, imagination comes back. Or else we wouldn't have so many wonderful stories. That are often nothing like this.

So this is what happens, if I just let my fingers roam. Creating the tip, tip, tap of thoughts pouring out. They end in a story that starts far from where I ended. Perhaps I could round it up, by saying “I guess imagination is the key to love. And the lack of bravery needs to be lost for any relationship to develope.” But I think...

...that would be too sensible, wouldn't it?

If I put my thoughts onto paper, what happens is this.

 

© 2008 Gillzy


Author's Note

Gillzy
It's just thoughts, don't say it's "stupid" ;) Hehe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If you cared if anyone called it 'stupid' you would be just like that child afraid to share his/her imaginary world because what others might think. I really like this and it is def personal and free. My favorite part is the paragraph about Zambo, Jinto and the 'ghoulies' and whatnot. If you've ever been a child full of imagination this is relatable for sure. Nicely done.

J.P.O.et

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

should happen more often. random thoughts caught however often make better reading thatn those planned and overthought. been a long time. still love your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If you cared if anyone called it 'stupid' you would be just like that child afraid to share his/her imaginary world because what others might think. I really like this and it is def personal and free. My favorite part is the paragraph about Zambo, Jinto and the 'ghoulies' and whatnot. If you've ever been a child full of imagination this is relatable for sure. Nicely done.

J.P.O.et

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like what you did here. you opened up - you let it go - i think we should do that more often. i think things can always be edited - but that raw form can be a great beginning to saying things you REALLY want to say, in the way we want to say them.

my favorite singer, Lizzie West, has a new album coming out, and it's a live performance of a "cabaret" she's hoping to put up in the fall. long story short, in one part she asks the audience "at what age did you lose your voice? at what age were you told not to dance, not to sing out loud, certainly not in public?"

I found that fascinating, and at one point your piece made me think of that concept. we lose our voice. we lose our ability to create and imagine, and it takes a lot of pain and struggle with self to gain it back.

i'm working on gaining it back, myself. :)

hugs. wonderful piece. honored that some of my thoughts could have helped inspire it.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was really something. Magic belongs the young. Fantasy and imagination are eaten by adult brains with busy schedules and responsible realities. It is better to be free than a slave to circumstance.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

588 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2008
Last Updated on August 11, 2008

Author

Gillzy
Gillzy

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Things I have realised: My mother really is the best friend I'll ever have. Too much alcohol causes some people to be something they aren't, and that includes myself. That love, no matter wha.. more..

Writing
The Theory The Theory

A Story by Gillzy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen