Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Another Mayfly

Shadows are everywhere. They follow us during the day; an extension of the all the inhabitants of this world. They stretch across the ground extending a claw to clamber up buildings reaching for the sky. And then night falls and the shadows are no more...

 

 

 


There are few people in this world who know the truth. Who know what the shadows really are, parasites. Mankind is nothing more than a host for shadows and yet they remain blissfully unaware. Ignorance is what keeps them alive. However there are a few wanderers who are Shadowless. They live among us, hiding in plain sight but they know what happens when the sun sets. Each night is a battle, each morning another survival. When the darkness comes the shadows fade and we see them no more, but they are still there, under artificial lighting we witness a glimpse of the shadows shadow. People claim that with knowledge comes power, but in this world with the truth comes a death sentence, so we hide in the light and forget what we see.



Unless we lose our shadows.



© 2014 Another Mayfly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong prologue.
"People claim that with knowledge comes power, but in this world with the truth comes a death sentence, so we hide in the light and forget what we see."
I liked the above lines. Logical and well written words. Thank you for sharing the excellent prologue.
Coyote


Posted 8 Years Ago


Another Mayfly

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I hope I can do justice to what is to follow.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 11, 2014
Last Updated on October 11, 2014


Author

Another Mayfly
Another Mayfly

United Kingdom



About
Writing is a world which enables me to explore aspects of myself that are limited by society and reality. The more I explore the less I desire to return to reality. more..

Writing