The Land of the Sleepers

The Land of the Sleepers

A Poem by Mati
"

A poem about a prophet who preaches to the people of the land of the sleepers.

"

Arise and come to life so that you may take your first steps. Breathe in your stench so that it may compel you to take flight from the land of the sleepers.

Harken unto me, words I have for those who have ears to listen. Lo you have become old in the absence of your youthful spirit.

Too long have you lived in comfort, in the lands tailored to your wants but not thy needs. Go now into the dark places and to the unknown so that thoust may come to know thyself.

Seek out that, which makes thee uncomfortable so that it may set thee free. Listen with thine heart for life's song so that thy may sing with it.

Walk through field and forest for they are thine home. And to the ocean the place of our birth, our great mother's womb. Know that even now thou are upon the crest of a wave.

The curling tide breaks upon the rocks, life's mimicry. Thoust doeth life eat itself into a cosmic dance of both destruction and creation. They like your God and your Devil are one and the same.

Seek out God but look not up to the stars but within, seek also the Devil for he too is within thee. And that thine heavens and thine hells are here and now and of thine own making.

Listen not to the poisoners, the sowers of contempt. The contempt for the body and the present for that is all one can claim is one's own body and the present apparent.

They look to the stars and dream of a life to come. Contempt for this life they wrought. Poisoners they are, contempt for the now with false hopes for the future. I say cast them and their contempt away. Nay end them and their "faith" these world enders

© 2015 Mati


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on June 29, 2015
Last Updated on June 29, 2015

Author

Mati
Mati

Eugene, OR



About
I love to read and I love to write. I normally read non-fiction but as of late I have developed a great love for fiction. Particularly the classics. I wanted to write non-fiction more specifically phi.. more..

Writing
Zeus of Olympus Zeus of Olympus

A Story by Mati


The Alchemist The Alchemist

A Story by Mati