Godzilla

Godzilla

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101
"

This is my tribute to the coolest guy ever-Big G! G fans, I hope you enjoy this, it is written with love by yours truly for the King of Kaiju!

"

Godzilla


The ocean swells into a paramount tsunami…

Overhead, the sun vanishes from sight, cowering behind a mass of clouds.

The clouds are whispering threats and omens on the frigid breeze, which, just a moment ago, was warm and kind and smelled of cherry blossoms.

People pause on the beach shore, eyes widening in bafflement as the waters continue to rise, higher and higher.

Suddenly, the water falls away and what was concealed in its cloak of protection draws gasps of consternation from the onlookers nearby.

Sleek, scaly muscles the color of the charcoal-gray skies overhead ripple with dominion and power, the sunlight reflecting off the thing’s massive body.

A creature that dwarfed a 40-story building.

A monster with ivory fangs that glint malevolently beneath the tense, snarling lips that are curled in deepest loathing towards the species it so detests.

Almond eyes littered with miniature flecks of gold that burn with hatred and sparkle with an intelligence once thought impossible to be possessed by an animal.

A long, whip-like tail and a powerful back adorned with diamond-shaped, silver dorsal spines, and legs thick and strong like the world’s largest tree trunks.

A roar like that of Thor’s and with a resonating boom like thunder erupts from the mouth of the beast, a roar of the promise of doom and destruction the monster will bring.

Eyes glister wickedly like mysterious, bottomless pits of abhorrence for mankind, the race that shattered the creature’s once-contented life forever.

The power of the bomb that transformed a simple, prehistoric animal into a saurian majesty that was the very symbol of the folly of humankind…

Godzilla, king of the monsters, the living representation of the might of Mother Nature and the ill-fatedness of the human race, the fore-curse of the species that would attempt to attain immortality and establish supremacy over the world…

Godzilla was the one thing man could not contain or control, though he hoped and he struggled profusely to do so.

Man was limited in his resources, he was not the most powerful thing in the world, and the kaiju awakened that realization in man that he was finally inferior to something.

The beast displayed that in the end, Nature had dominion over the world, not humankind, and that the Earth would send an omen of doom to the human race as a warning to submit to the power of nature, or be eradicated.

That omen is Godzilla.

As a beam of pure, unadulterated radiation the color of Arctic ice streams from the toothy mouth of the King, the creature is venting its terrible, impossible rage on the haughty arrogance and pride of the human world.

The beam catches the Japanese Diet building afire, and the great government building collapses in a smoldering blanket of flame.

Bricks and bits of flaming rubble rains down on unfortunate civilians below, and the last sound to be uttered from their vocal cords is permeated with fear, until it is silenced forever.

The whole city quakes in trepidation as the inevitable shadow of Godzilla descends upon its fluttering heart. 6a3b1cc38e240d9543b04e535257d872.jpg


By: Alyssa Mitchell (GojiGeek101): My tribute to the King

© 2016 GodzillaGirl101


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016

Author

GodzillaGirl101
GodzillaGirl101

WA



About
Godzilla is my guy. Mothra is my gal. And writing is my thing I love to do anytime! I am Godzilla's #1 fan, hit me up about the King of the Monsters at my email [email protected] and check out my .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101