My Fan Obsession

My Fan Obsession

A Story by GodzillaGirl101
"

Describing the origin of my Godzilla fascination and just how much I heart the King!

"

My Fan Obsession


Life is a time to be enjoyed and appreciated. All of us have hobbies and interests, while some are more fanatical than others. I dedicate this writing to my obsession? Passion? Mania? about the neatest thing I have ever known before.

Godzilla.

It can be difficult at times dealing with people who turn their noses up at your passion, and friends who would rather kill themselves than listen to five minutes rambling about the big lizard. But, I must say I honestly don’t care about what other people think. Whatever brings you joy and happiness in life, whatever floats your boat and makes your spirits soar, go after that and let it fill you with gladness.

I think I was obsessing over Godzilla in the womb. My father would always watch the films in the house, since he met mother a few years before I was conceived. I distinctly remember my first Godzilla movie, even what film it was exactly, while sitting in my high chair eating pears. My mother disapproved of the mild sci-fi violence, while I dug it immensely. It was great!

As a little kid, I took an instant liking to dinosaurs and monsters, whatever had crazy superpowers and razor-sharp teeth. I started collecting an overwhelming number of dinosaur toys and figurines, and Godzilla toys too, like my roaring plushie I got when I was two (and had to undergo stitch-surgery.) I had a little plastic guy who I took baths with, and I would have him attack my toy ship and sink it. Bath times were fun back then.

My uncle would take me to Hastings up in the Lewiston Orchards and we would rent Godzilla movies. I remember getting Godzilla Vs. Gigan, and when we got home, uncle Zam would say to me, “What time is it, Lissy?” And we’d both say, “GODZILLA Time!”

Good times, good times.

My dreams were (and still are) littered with monsters and beasts galore, like Biollante and Mothra, and Hedorah. I dreamed he was peeking through all the windows at me, trying to eat me or something. I didn’t start collecting films until about age six, because nobody wanted to buy them for me! (With the exception of Zam.)

I got my handy-dandy Sony portable when I was six, and what came with it were five fabulous Godzilla movies, in Collector’s Edition. Sweet! I remember I freaked.

At school, I was always called the Godzilla girl, a geek, whatever else, and was mocked and teased by neighbor kids and such, but I didn’t care. I was in love, in love with a fictional character from a movie, whom I watched over and over and over.

I can actually recite from memory two whole movies now, I’m that crazy!

I’ve taken How Well Do You Know Godzilla tests and scored off-the-charts, and all the Personality tests I’ve ever taken say I’m a super geek.

Godzilla has always been incredibly fascinating to me, and I can honestly say I’m a born geek. I can answer questions most people have no idea about, and Godzilla music gives me a real kick. I love it! Life just wouldn’t be the same without my lovable lizard companion, who’s been with me since before I was born.

It’s my passion, my thing, something nobody I know appreciates. It’s what makes me unique, what makes me, well,

me.

His monstrous world will forever be a part of me and my heart, and I’ll never let it go.

That would be like throwing away the other half of me, the half I most cherish and admire.

I love you, Godzilla. You truly are the greatest (and coolest and weirdest) friend I ever wanted.

:) Go go Godzilla!







© 2016 GodzillaGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016

Author

GodzillaGirl101
GodzillaGirl101

WA



About
Godzilla is my guy. Mothra is my gal. And writing is my thing I love to do anytime! I am Godzilla's #1 fan, hit me up about the King of the Monsters at my email [email protected] and check out my .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5