Nature's Beauty

Nature's Beauty

A Story by GodzillaGirl101
"

The beauty of Nature is immense, as well as it is powerful and terrifying

"
Nature's Beauty
Rolling hills of emerald green sway to the undetectable song of Nature as the feather-light breezes sweep smooth like silk across the vibrant landscape. 
Dainty wildflowers in brilliant shades of calm sea blue, feisty magenta, and royal purple paint the lush fields with their exuberant color. Their color bursts forth from their minute petals like Gushers in a rainbow variety.
Songbirds stretch their little wings and lift their voices to the skies, where their cheerful chirping soars above the earth in a graceful song. Their gentle melodies instill a sleepy peacefulness in the deer who rest in a quiet siesta beneath the expansive mossy boughs of the centuries-old deciduous trees.
Butterflies dance from blossom to blossom consuming their fill of life-granting nectar, their patterned wings alive with coruscating hues.
Honeybees accompany their lepidopteran acquaintances, spindly appendages packed with fluffy pollen.
Near a cool, placid pond where downy cattails surround the perimeter like noble knights, damselflies cavort about in mid-air with their iridescent exoskeletons flashing as do traffic lights. 
Fruit trees laden with their ripe sweet morsels sway teasingly to a hungry fieldmouse below who yearns for the trees to yield their gifts.
Pinecones dangle precariously above a lurking predator whose muscles are sleek and coiled with potential energy. 
The predator is a dark and looming presence who prefers to take respite in the quiet shadows of the forest.
Before the beast can strike at its oblivious prey which grazes contentedly on the green vegetation of the hillside, the clouds gather together into a tightly-woven blanket of steel, blotting out the lustrous sunlight. The deer lifts its head and its animal instinct screams at it to take flight immediately, and the frightened creature's frozen blood urges it to bolt. It obeys. 
A voice deep and accusatory booms at the hunting cougar following a violet streak of electricity that crackles and sizzles in the ominous smoke-colored sky.
The lightning bolt makes its path to a tall, sturdy conifer tree and catches it ablaze, the flames licking ravenously at its timber meal. With a terrible creak and a painful groan, the pine tree collapses in a cluster of brush, the resonating vibration traveling as if along  the fibers of an invisible nerve axon throughout the forest.
Birds screech in alarm and depart for safer territory. 
Fledgling birds who are unable to fly are at the mercy of the rapidly spreading wildfire that is starting to consume the world of the woods.
Nature is powerful, nature is beautiful.
Most of all, nature is dangerously unpredictable.

© 2016 GodzillaGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow just wow.

Kidding!

Anyway, aside from having this amazing, cool um...um....supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (I can't find a better word) message and plot...
.
.
.
Where in the whole damn world do you find your vocabulary??? And how in the freaking sherlock do you pile them up into a perfect and delicate tower of lines???

It is just so, ugh, the word good isn't even enough.

Anyway since I don't have anything left to say, let's just pretend that good is enough to define this 'Palmarius'
Keep up the good work my fellow writer.

Keep calm and looooooove writing!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016

Author

GodzillaGirl101
GodzillaGirl101

WA



About
Godzilla is my guy. Mothra is my gal. And writing is my thing I love to do anytime! I am Godzilla's #1 fan, hit me up about the King of the Monsters at my email [email protected] and check out my .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101