Shine

Shine

A Chapter by GoldenNotes
"

Lights, she sees lights.

"
Lights, she sees lights. Lights so bright and new to her precious little eyes, A smile, a slow but sure smile spreads across her face as she looks up from my hands. She doesn’t cry right when she’s born, she smiles.

 “Shine, well Estelle Shine Adler but everyone calls me Shine. I am an orphan. Both my parents died in a car accident when I was 5. I don’t remember much about them but I hold onto what I do. I was in the orphanage for about 3 years after that until I was adopted by a wonderful family, a mom (Samantha Adler), a dad (Thomas Adler) who had two teenage boys (Logan and Lucas Adler). I grew up in Italy after being born in Paris…” 
He gave me a look. “What… too much”. Lucas stays quiet and scratches the back of his head in that annoying Lucas way, making it pretty obvious he was holding back on something. 
“Tell me”,
 I cross my arms letting him know I’m not playing. He can’t let me go out there and embarrass myself. 
“Well I just feel like these people don’t really need to know that much about you Shine.” He leans back in his chair. 
“So you think it’s too much?” I throw my arms to my sides in frustration. 
“I just think you need to take it down a bit.” 
  Why is this so hard? Letting people know what happened and how I’m here today. So much has happened in my life, it’s unbelievable. I flip through the pages reading slowly my past life from start to finish. 
"A smile, a slow but sure smile spre-" A loud bang that echos through my room. 
"Shine, lets go we're late" So much for reading. 
I close up my book and set it in the box next to my bed and placed it underneath my pillow. 
"I'm coming" 
A job is never done.


© 2018 GoldenNotes


Author's Note

GoldenNotes
First Chapter of Shine Bright

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really interested in this plot, and super impressed by the first chapter. There is visible improvement with every story and book that you write. It's really interesting so far, and I'll be sure to read every chapter that follows!
One note: I feel like the last line has some significance to it, but I'm not quite sure what. Could you maybe explain that to me?

Posted 6 Years Ago


GoldenNotes

6 Years Ago

Thank You, and I meant to do that, it was supposed to be some sort of mystery.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2018
Last Updated on January 3, 2018


Author

GoldenNotes
GoldenNotes

New York, NY



Writing
sdwad sdwad

A Book by GoldenNotes


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by GoldenNotes