A Nights Thought To A Sunsets fade

A Nights Thought To A Sunsets fade

A Poem by John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

Crashed out on a old friends couch trying to sleep off the booze and forget the past.

Cursing the backpages written with such passion yet lacking any real fire.

Sangria and a half burnt candle hey did you hear there worried about you?

Maybe they should worry more bout there own s**t instead!

 

Flawed in my view how perfect is your trainwreck existance my dear?

A midnight cruise top down a summers honeysuckle drift radios never preach only play through the times with none id care to truely share.

Backseat bliss and the times we seldom cherish till gone.

 

Im still alive fucked up in every sense but dam it's good to see you.

Smooth as a fullmoons perfection dark waters only reflect what there is only to be seen.

Ive cast my role how bout your sweet innosense will you caress the breeze only to reminisce

in the afterglow.

 

There all gone like visions of another time yet still I stand the last of a already past breed.

My place a vacant souls echo a warm thought in a winters chill.

question you may just try to enjoy the moment for it truley is my dear.

 

Were all times waitting to decline make the moment befor it's cast you aside.

I understood all only when there was nothing left to understand .

Sometimes in ruins we see what couldnt have ever been regret stings the flesh a poisen pen to a poets page.

 

Tonight I'll make belive it never did fade if only you'll hold it close as I once held you.

Drink in the moment please dont let truth cast it's bitter truths apon a welcome lie.

Im still here were have they all gone?

 

A drunkards logic a sad old irish tunes senimental  yerning tears often only embrace when no other may see.

For you've cast are past towards anothers sunset .

emptyness is all that has been left of me.

 

Soon a sunrise shall show the flaws sorry for I must fade with nights gentle embrace.

At every point in are existance I understand.

the stranger that is me owner behind this once familar face.

 

Soon we may call it a memory please treat it a dream of another nights velvet pace.

To many nights I see what so many others just cast aside.

© 2012 John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love poems conditions us, gives us liberty and permission esp. to go freely within specified limits of our own lifes experiences. I'm a hugh fan of this kind of thinking,
this modus vivendi, this feasible arrangement or practical compromise where
one bypasses difficulties..such is the basis of love.


this is a tremendous work..so glad you shared it with us..dana

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

11 Years Ago

(ts me who needs to thank you for taking the time to read my scribbling my friend thank you so very .. read more
This is such a wonderful write, it sounds more as if you are speaking to someone, some of the best conversations are the ones with ourselves, well done, some typos but it doesn't distract from the over all meandering of a heart and mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

11 Years Ago

Thank you so very much for the read my friend.
I see it. It won't be cast aside. When I read your stuff, I feel like mine is just babble. You are a true favorite of mine. Stay true to the Gonzo way. Stay true to the Gonzo in all of us. Your work enlightens me. It flows like music, to no beat. Some strange a cappela, Bob Dylan type s**t, but music, nonetheless.

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

11 Years Ago

My friend i have to admit sometimes i even need to here such a complemnet i just go with the write .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012

Author

John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo
John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

knotts Island NC, NC



About
Well im a Baroom Poet,Comedian,And full time madman of the net. Ive been a bouncer, bartender,Dj,worked many a construction job,you name I probaly did it but enough with the foreplay amigos .. more..

Writing