one

one

A Chapter by yes
"

Nicole meets Sam for the first time in ten years

"
It was about 11 pm Friday night and Nicole Adams was standing by her six foot tall window looking stunning in the long red satin gown which she let flow to the ground behind her. She had let her long, dark, straight and silky hair flow to the right side of her chick making enough room for her crystal shaped diamond earrings to glow on her left chick and just have a glimpse of light on her right. Her hair being pulled to one side made enough room for the details at the top of her dress…( details which drew her to the dress in the first place) to be noticed by almost every one she ran into at the party. It was not particularly provocative but it was definitely noticeable.
She had just made an early return from the annual board members party which she had been planning for months now. It had not been up to a year since she was promoted to a board member at the lower level. A promotion she well deserved. Being her first time at this party she was obviously excited since she had only got the chance to watch the highlights over national TV stations a couple of times. Her intention was to look pretty, meet new people and make new friend but she ended up doing far more than that. She was totally lost in thoughts before she heard herself say out loud “Nicole that was 10 years back you’re over him.” “But why does he have to look even better now?” she continued so loud you will think she had company in the room.
Soliloquizing, speaking to herself or Saying her thoughts out loud…( whatever you may call it ) was a habit she had developed since childhood and it actually made her have very little secrets as people often walked in on her talking alone. That however had taught her no lessons…( well at least not yet ).
To any average girl she should have had a fulfilling evening being the most beautifully dressed, the youngest and to many people the most beautiful girl at the party. But Nicole on the other hand was far from being fulfilled. She had just resurrected memories she was so sure she had buried till earlier that night. “Ten long years…” she continued leaving the window to one end of the room then pacing back and forth with the back of her gown rolling behind her like a bridal Vail.
She left the party a few minutes after being introduced by her branch head to Sam Williams the president of the company’s head quarter in New York. She was being introduced personally because the president had insisted he had to meet her. It’s no wonder he came in person to this year’s party and did not send a representative as he had done the past years.

It is obvious since Nicole had moved up in the chain of the business, her name had reached Sam and he definitely would not miss the chance to meet her and try to correct the mistake he made then years back. But he is being unwise to think Nicole will want to talk to him let alone forgive him considering how badly he had hurt her in the past.
Sam stayed at the party a while longer but it was certain his mind was far from there. This was confirmed after Dave spoke to him for a while but had no response. So he turned to check and found his friend deep in thoughts and so preoccupied he couldn’t even notice the waiter standing next to him signaling him for a refill of his empty champagne flute. Dave immediately grabbed a glass for himself and waved his glass signaling for the waiter to leave them and come back later then patted his friend on the back to bring him out of his thoughts and whispered to his ear “you’re hopeless”. The first thing Sam said was “she still has those dimples that used to make my heart melt and make me forget time existed each time I would hang out with her”.
“Nicole might have left like an hour ago but I bet u can still see her”… Dave replied with a smile on his face. I now see why you didn’t even notice when the lady in white standing at the extreme end of the room was trying to flirt with you. Really? I didn’t notice Sam said. Of course how could u? and no wonder u insisted we hav


© 2017 yes


Author's Note

yes
Draft of my first write up so just ignore the editing errors . hope you like it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on May 4, 2017
Last Updated on May 4, 2017
Tags: anger, rage, emmotions