Suicide.

Suicide.

A Story by Mimi

What is the point to life? Does it even have a meaning? I think so, for I do believe there is a God, and a place called heaven, and not just a hell on Earth we are forced upon. We live out lives in fear. Fear of dying, fear of falling, fear of heights. Fears that haunt our lives daily to the point of insanity, and sometimes even suicide. For the first time in ten years, the suicide rates are increasing. More men in America are dying each year from suicide than women. Suicide has been the third leading cause of death among young adults from the ages of fifteen to twenty-five. For the ages ten to fourteen, 272 out of almost 30 million children have committed suicide. One out of every three deaths were females. From the ages fifteen to nineteen, 1,611 out of almost tweny and a half million teens have died. One out of every five deaths were done by females. 2,360 people from the ages of twenty to twenty-four out of almost twenty million, have committed suicide. These statistics were from 2001, and over 30,000 deaths in the year alone. Just think; these suicide death rates are still rising. Out of all teen suicides, an estimated eight to twenty-five suicide attempts have been made, and that last attempt is what took them from this world. Four out of every five teens who have attempted suicide give clear warnings. I f you know somone with any of these warning signs for suicide please seek help.

  • Suicide threats; both direct and indirect.
  • Teen depression.
  • Obsession with death.
  • Poems, essasys, or drawings that refer to death.
  • Dramatic change in apperance or personality.
  • Irratioal or bazzare behavior.
  • Overwhelming sense of guilt, shame, or reflection.
  • Changed sleeping or eating patterns.
  • Severe drop in school preformance.
  • Giving away belonings.

Please watch for any of these teen suicide warning signs - we can all help make a difference and prevent teen suicide.

 

 

 

*Information found at:

http://www.familyfirstaid.org/suicide.html

© 2009 Mimi


Author's Note

Mimi
I have attempted suicide many times, and writting this I have learned that I am hurting the ones I love more than I am healing my pain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have lost a family member to suicide. He was a police officer, I used to think he was the strongest person I knew. He saw so much trama in his life that it eventually wore him down. And your right it hurts the whole family. It can be a silent killer if your loved ones dont know what to look for. I think its great that your shedding light on this problem. Stay strong kiddo, your here for a reason. You have a lot of talent for your age, spread those wings and fly...once you clip them you wont get them back!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thanks for writing this. Every living person needs to know more about suicide and its victims.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This really hit home as I had a young friend who committed suicide. I commend you for your courage in sharing this information and making it speak even more to our hearts with your personal testimony re suicide attempts. After reading of some of your life experiences, I can understand how overwhelmed you must have felt at times. But, you are now turning that pain into a tool to help others and that is very commendable indeed. Keep writing, and sharing from your heart and know that you are special. For any who don't appreciate you and your talent, it is their loss. Hang in there!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have two friends who attempted suicide, and reading this just made it all come back again. Thank you this. It's not everyday I see a great story like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very informative and thought provoking.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Suicide takes over a thousand lives every year. I have known someone who has done this. It bothered me so. I started studying the subject and people thought I was suicidial but wasn't. I wanted to do a study on
it. I remember one little saying though. I guess it applies to those who believe in God. Because some don't
"When you kill yourself, you are killing the word of God"
He created us so when we try we are alosly killing the word of God.
I like this, shows how much you care. Very well put together and put out there.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow.
A good and touching story/article.
I'm sorry for your attempts of suicide, though.
I hope you're feeling much better.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is very hard sometimes to realize what this life has to offer us. But often we neglect to see what we can offer life. I am so glad that you are starting to realize that you are causing pain to those who love you. You have done a great thing with your story above. Many people do not realize the statistics on suicide. Please try to remember that your life is a gift from God. You would not return a gift to your parents without opening it first to see what it contains. God would be very unhappy if you returned his gift, you have not lived long enough to open it fully and see all that it contains. Keep up the writing. You have much to say and there is a whole world out there and many are waiting to hear from you. Good job on this story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this was amazing! And those numbers are truly staggering. That's so awful, and scary seeing those numbers. I've gone thu many stages and phases in my life, and i'm still going thru them. It's extremely difficult, i know, but we must try and hold on as much as we can. Great informative write, and very deep.

B.A.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Jamie,

Outstanding! This is a fabulous piece and a great service to troubled young people. How wonderful that you should provide such information. This is to be highly commended. And not only is the piece informative, but you have made the piece personal, making the information easier for others to "take-to-heart".

Kudos and highest marks!

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have lost a family member to suicide. He was a police officer, I used to think he was the strongest person I knew. He saw so much trama in his life that it eventually wore him down. And your right it hurts the whole family. It can be a silent killer if your loved ones dont know what to look for. I think its great that your shedding light on this problem. Stay strong kiddo, your here for a reason. You have a lot of talent for your age, spread those wings and fly...once you clip them you wont get them back!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

680 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 2, 2009

Author

Mimi
Mimi

A place called home



About
"My heart is racing, feet are pacing, as I being to anticipate. Not much longer I can wait. The day is near, it's almost here. I feel like I can see him. Soon this vision begins to dim, quickly turnin.. more..

Writing
A Beautiful Sin A Beautiful Sin

A Poem by Mimi


Methamphetamine Methamphetamine

A Poem by Mimi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


a letter a letter

A Poem by rachel <3