Legion of the Lost

Legion of the Lost

A Story by The Grappler
"

Just a snippet of bitter wine poured on my soul's wounds as I bleed again...

"
Crushed beneath the treads of the woman's juggernaut tank, our soul’s guts spreading out both ends like toothpaste from a tube, we lie there with our soul's life bleeding away into the mud, and say with our dying gasp -

"But I love her! "

Then she runs back over your soul to make sure, before opening the hatch to some other guy with a good line of unmeaning who uses and abuses her and cheats on her and leaves her.

Then we drag our battered and crushed soul's corpse from the mud and go and try again.. and again.. the eternal soldier soul.....doomed to die over and over again in endless battle with himself and those he loves.......immortal until he dies lies the hope within him as he staggers to yet another massacre of the innocent..... of him and nobody else.... while behind him his lost love celebrates with good wine and good sex with a loser..... who she will crush in turn when the time comes....

Easy is the recruiting for the legions of the lost..... we line up for the chance to be slaughtered....

© 2012 The Grappler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just getting out a little hurt here... Thanks, Aurora.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow this is such an amazing story, tells the bitterness of cheeting, of lost hopes. good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012

Author

The Grappler
The Grappler

Forster, Mid North Coast NSW, Australia



About
I am a 69 year old with a gift for words - and I write many things, including some rather oddball political theories. more..

Writing