"Tears and Love"

"Tears and Love"

A Poem by Gregory Lara

The day I lost my heart

Was the day you left me stranded.

You left me alone in a cold world,

No love beside me, no hand to hold.

You vowed your love, but where are you now?

Off in some long distance,

Leaving tears imprinted in my soul.

It isn’t fair.

 

I live off the memories we had,

Though beautiful �"they haunt me.

The promises we made, never parting.

I must leave them behind now.

They are worthless to me.

I’ll make new memories,

I’ll learn to smile once again.

I’ll learn to leave this kind of love behind.

 

Someone new will mend my heart,

The sun has found me,

The clouds have let me be.

And when my heart meets its other half,

I’ll give them all of me.

© 2011 Gregory Lara


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey, cheer up. Things will get better for you, believe me(not meaning to sound like a counselor here, so sorry if I sound like it lol). It may be hard now, but just pick something that makes you happy and enjoy it like there's nothing that is better. Words from someone who's been there, it works. If you ever want, or need, to talk, just message me. I'll help you through whatever it is troubling you, or I'll be the person you can rant to. Believe me when I say that I will be here, and I know there are more people who will be here as well. Just giving yourself hope, as you do in this poem, is a really good start. I hope things have gotten better for you. If not, just keep your chin up, the sun will prevail over the darkness. Keep up the good work with your writing. It's definitely nice to read. And, hey. Smile :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very sad, Very nicely written. Optimistic thoughts can get us through usually I like that you went through through the process of healing throughout in a way. Only the person to mend your heart should be you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Heartbreaking - I've been there so I relate - be patient and never lose hope - something will happen when you least expect it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow! very lovely write,love the feelings in this write;-]

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like the optimistic ending--it's nice to see a poem like this end on a positive note, with the realization that we eventually have to move forward. You could maybe improve this by adding more figurative language, but I like the straightforwardness of it too. Sometimes poems can be really mystifying with so much open to interpretation, and while that can be interesting, there's a lot to be said for a poem that makes it message clear also.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I live off the memories we had,
Though beautiful, they haunt me.

Those lines are just perfect. The last stanza is one of the best on this topic I've read on this site. Excellent job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


brilliant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Beautiful. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet and sad...

Keep writing beautiful poems...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet and sad, with a good ending, nice flow and lovely description. It was a great poem and I believe sometimes relatable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this! It was so sweet and sad at the same time. I also loved how you have been able to heal from it with a positive ending. This was fantastic.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1533 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011

Author

Gregory Lara
Gregory Lara

Mcfarland, CA



About
24, my writings are about things I've been through or going through. Would love to hear your thoughts on them, and ways to improve my writing. more..

Writing
Trip Trip

A Poem by Gregory Lara


Pt. 1 Pt. 1

A Poem by Gregory Lara



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Paper fish Paper fish

A Poem by Relic


Cavalry Cavalry

A Poem by TJ