Repentance

Repentance

A Story by Fictionborn

Upon a rocky hill rests a peaceful mill, where time does not age, there once lived a simple man following a simple man's life. But where birds their chatter brought forth notes of love in the morning breeze, the farmer awoke with a silent glare of malice. His golden eyes had grown grey and lifeless, portraying the wounds locked within his heart. The dark secret had not left as he fled up the remote path to the abandoned building. The visions that torment his mind slowly and ever so painfully.  They mark the murder a simple man committed out of despair. Though no court convicted the man's wronging, though none knew his act of felony, there was justice that day. For death came both in the physical embodiment of the victim as well as in invisible venom corrupting the heart and soul of a farmer's life.

© 2013 Fictionborn


Author's Note

Fictionborn
Written for the "Blue Rose Cafe ~ Tovli's 'The Ten' " Contest.
Hate it or love it. Any and all comments are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013

Author

Fictionborn
Fictionborn

About
I love fantasy.I love nonsense. I love the impossible. Whatever doesn't really happen in life is what I'm interested in. As a way of learning what does happen in life, because ultimately the only thin.. more..

Writing
Anamnesis Anamnesis

A Story by Fictionborn