Come into my arms

Come into my arms

A Poem by Ray
"

A boy in love...

"

A cold wintry day, and heaven closed over the earth. A lonely time, a scar spreading across the sky. Grey silence, and mourning comes. I see you sitting on a rock. You’re hair thrown back by the wind become the only glimmering patterns of gold that shine across this land. Your eyes I cannot see well, but I know they are like the sea, blue and harmonious. Your skin is like the olive, that awaits to be picked up at harvest, your lips are smooth and silent. I stand watch over you, but you never see me. Your beauty wins every heart, and mine certainly, though I look within you, and it is there that I find my love lies. You are the only light that shines, and now I am so close to you, I wish I could touch you. But it’s you. You who reaches out and takes my hand within yours and say, “ Sit by me”. And so I sit, because I am dumbfounded, that my eyes can never quite leave your face, that my whole being is yours, and that you command it to life. I sit by you, and just there, in the grass, I feel the world belongs to me. I clutch your hand, the one thing I can now really hold on to. Heaven can go to Hell and I wouldn’t mind. The whole world could cry loss, and though tears would come from mine eyes, I’d still have you, and nothing brings me more joy. You look at me, and how I want to kiss you now. Touch those soft lips that are of you. How I wish I could touch your face with the tip of my finger, just for this one moment, and even if you have to fade away, it will have made my day. And I wish all the time, but all you do is torture me, because you don’t feel the way I do. Darling, I want you to come into my arms and lie there. I want to stroke your golden hair and hold you close. How can I tell you now, sitting by me, without losing you ? I love you, I love you. I will always love only you, “ I love you I love you”, whispers the wind back.

© 2012 Ray


Author's Note

Ray
This is a "sort" of poem....I don't even know it fits in the category, but I figured you can do just about anything with poetry. Don't hesitate to say what you think about it !

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are right, anything can be poetry, and though a break here and there would help make it look more like it, this definitely is.
I like the way you describe this scene so vividly, how you draw the reader in, make them feel with the "I".
Nice topic, too. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You are right, anything can be poetry, and though a break here and there would help make it look more like it, this definitely is.
I like the way you describe this scene so vividly, how you draw the reader in, make them feel with the "I".
Nice topic, too. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2012

Author

Ray
Ray

About
"Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai "To hold a pen is to be at war." - Voltaire "The pen is mightier than the sword." - E.. more..

Writing
Being Being

A Poem by Ray


The Wind The Wind

A Story by Ray


Take a look Take a look

A Story by Ray