Neru Technologies

Neru Technologies

A Chapter by Zombified Spider

“Always in the pursuit of a better, cleaner, tomorrow!”

  • Neru’s founder, Sir Jim Tec

Neru Tower is the main headquarters of Neru Technologies (better known as Neru), being additionally in control of Neru Denji as the rightful owner of the property due to the bloodline relations with the previous CEO of Neru. Neru, the driving force of technology in Haven, resides in the highest skyscraper of the city where tests and studies are conducted in top secrecy.

Neru has many products for individuals to choose from. These products span from Augments to computers, mechs, or anything mechanical. Neru provides it all. 

The initial purpose of Neru was to better the lives of all the citizens of Haven, but when Jim Tec died and his son took over Neru, their objective became clouded, and the ideals that Jim Tec held of a world where everyone gets along was lost. Neru became more and more corrupt. Neru still claims to hold onto Jim Tec’s ideals.


Neru manipulates the majority of the government of Haven. Except for a few people, the government is made up of Neru scientists and high-ranking Neru officials.

Neru occupies a tall building in the center of Delta Square. It has several glowing billboards outside on its walls, promoting some of its many products. The Neru Tower has a total of eight floors, not including the roof. 


Floor number

Room number

room

1

C101

A102

103

104

Conference room

Augment room

Janitor’s closet

Bathroom 

2

L201

T202

203

Lab 

Testing room

Bathroom 

3

L301

T302

303

302

Lab 

Testing room

Janitor’s closet

Bathroom 

4

SB

L402

403

Sky Bridge 

Lab 

Bathroom 

5

L501

T502

HB

504

505

Lab 

Testing room

Haven bridge

Janitor’s closet

Bathroom

6

601

602

603

604

605

606

Office #1

Office #2

Office #3

Office #4

Office #5

Bathroom 

7

L701

T702

703

704

Lab 

Testing room

Janitor’s closet

bathroom

8

801

Chairman’s office

roof

roof

Exhaust pipes

In the Neru Tower, there are a total of twenty-eight rooms. This boils down to seven gender-neutral bathrooms, five labs, four Janitor closets, five offices, four testing rooms, one conference room, one augmentation room, two bridges, and one CEO office. 

Neru offers a wide assortment of jobs, from custodians to scientists.

The Neru Tower offers several defenses to defend the technology housed inside this massive building. The defenses are relatively simple. A dense wall with no footholds or grips guards the building. This gives this building a circular shape, with a few harsh edges. You can only access the facility by going up a flight of twenty stairs, where an easy-to-defend doorway stands, patrolled by twenty Peacekeepers. The tower has very few windows. These windows stand on an elevated ridge with no grips or footholds, making it impossible to break in. The structure itself is trapped. These traps only go into effect when an individual without the right authorization penetrates the building at any of the entries. There is no way to override this system.


The only entrances to this building are the doorway on the first floor, the windows in the offices on the sixth floor, the entrance to the Sky Bridge on the fourth floor, the Haven Bridge on the fifth floor, the doorway on the roof, and the ventilation on all floors that opens up onto the roof. All entrances are trapped with a security system that releases a silent alarm warning everyone in the building of the intrusion, and it also activates any traps in the building. This security system can be overridden by a button in a heavily secured area, and only by the button.


The treasure that Neru Tower holds is in the form of technology. Augments are expensive to make, but not so expensive to get. It also depends on the type of Augment you are getting. This technology has been stolen six times by a stroke of luck, but only by the most desperate, or people who have taken the job. Many have tried, and many have failed, but if you were to succeed, treasures untold await. The X-Society has been stealing from Neru since their creation, most of their break ins have been for information. 


The traps of Neru Tower are relatively unknown, as they are never released to the public. The traps are up to the DM or the reader. The traps are relatively technologically advanced and are not easy to disarm. When the first trap is triggered, all of the entrances in the building lock and the building goes on lockdown. There are traps on every level and in every room, from gas in the hallways to spikes in ventilation. There are blueprints of all the traps in the Neru Tower.


When Neru Tower was built, Neru Technologies had already existed and was operating out of Old Haven. Neru Tower was built to house all of their Augments and everything else they created and exported. The building was supposed to be open to all, but after their first break in where a crucial piece of information was stolen, and hidden, they added a security system and traps. The building itself has remained relatively unchanged, except for the addition of the billboards thirty years after it was built. 

“I’m scared! Today Neru pulled a rank and conducted another raid via the Peacekeepers. They sacked our entire house looking for something, and several things were broken. We were supposed to be compensated for the damage they did in the previous month, but the money never came in. I doubt we will get reimbursed this time either. It’s all false promises and dashed hopes. The government assumes we don’t know what is going on up there, but we do! The X-society is right, Neru is hiding something, and they're willing to kill and destroy to protect it.”

  • A scared Old Haven citizen

Neru also harbors a dark secret. Whatever this secret may be, it has never been unearthed, and it seems to be buried deep. Perhaps you will be the first one to discover it. No one has been successful before, and no one has survived. And even if they did unearth this secret, they never got to unleash it unto this world. 

So be careful when people go missing in the dead of the night.



© 2024 Zombified Spider


Author's Note

Zombified Spider
Let me know of anything I could improve on

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 13, 2024
Last Updated on March 13, 2024
Tags: Neru, Sir Jim Tec, science


Author

Zombified Spider
Zombified Spider

PA



About
My name is Al. I am non-binary and a lesbian. I go by they/them pronouns. I am of Maori and African American descent, and I speak multiple languages.I struggle with frequent feelings of anger and depr.. more..

Writing
F**k no F**k no

A Chapter by Zombified Spider