Bro please

Bro please

A Chapter by Zombified Spider
"

*shakes head*

"
so this is what happens when I'm bored now. Let's fix this.
----------------------

Apparently, your letter to your ex-friend was accidentally delivered to this forum, and was, somehow, labeled as a poem.

But poetry isn't a screed, focused on how the author's feeling, so far as their gripes and complaints. Nor is it meant to seek sympathy from random people. How many here do you think woke today hoping to read about how angry someone they know nothing about is with someone unspecified? I'm guessing the number is pretty small.

The author-centric and fact-based approach you're presently using is the nonfiction approach we were I was taught in school. Great for writing reports and essays, but lousy for poetry because it lacks any elements of prosody, and, the outside-in approach is inherently dispassionate.

The object of poetry is to move the reader, emotionally. And To do that takes the emotion-based and character-centric approach unique to fiction and poetry. Using your present approach you say, "I hate you so f*****g much right now." A poet, using the skills of the profession would make the reader hate that person.

Take a look at Mary Oliver's, A Poetry Handbook A Poetry Handbook. It's free on the site linked to below (what site?). The lady is brilliant, and the book is filled with gems.


© 2024 Zombified Spider


Author's Note

Zombified Spider
thank you so much for giving me something to do. I don't know if I got everything. Thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on May 1, 2024
Last Updated on May 1, 2024


Author

Zombified Spider
Zombified Spider

PA



About
"we're all just dancing on the devil's dance floor" -Devil's dance floor by flogging molly I'm a big punk and metalhead. always open for collabs. I'm non-binary and lesbian, I go by they/them p.. more..

Writing