Sliver of Light

Sliver of Light

A Story by Hannah D
"

This is a reminder to everyone to think wisely when you're about to lose your virginity!

"
As I lay down on my bed, I notice one sliver of light creep up to the middle of my dark room. How strange it would dance and twirl where it was not accompanied by others like itself. It remained strong and disappeared, making its audience ask more and more questions. I wish I could be like that sliver of light, disappearing from life to make people ask more and more questions. But alas, the reigning pit of darkness had swallowed me into its depths of despair and misery where no sliver of light was to be found. 
 I do not know what to call this man anymore: friend, boyfriend, a person...so I will simply call him "he", there is no need to name him since he is already gone. He was one of a kind: he was a best friend and boyfriend at the same time...he was also the man I had tried everything and lost so much with. More so, he was a manipulator! He had maneuvered his way into my life and stole what it used to be, and now I feel a connection to him because he was the last person to ever hold what was once mine. But, one day, he had left without a single wind of passion and no hint of what was to come. I was once again thrown into the black pit of nothingness knowing what I had was gone, taken by him. These past few months I had been wandering as simply a moving body, no spirit was attached, for my spirit was drifting lost in its current mission to reclaim what was mine. Today, he had come over to my house and my parents weren't even home. My heart didn't pounce like it had before, but was more like a constant wave beating against the solid rock. As we sat on couch, he looked at me the way all girls want to be looked at, yet my gut told me I was not the only one. In the blink of an eye, he had vanished from my back door just as my parents arrived. What I had lost was just within my grasp, yet I couldn't touch it and it was once again gone. My spirit had rekindled with my body once again, only to create a hurricane swirling my emotions inside. This hurricane held the millions of screams that everyone withholds in themselves, yet only one teardrop was unleashed from my body to symbolize that pain. As that teardrop rolled down my cheek, the millions of screams molded into my face to make my depression stronger. It was then I realized, this connection I have between him and I will never vanish, I will be in the darkness forever. I reached my hand for the sliver of light dancing in the middle of my darkness, I was so close to getting my life back. I was so close, but then the light vanished. 

© 2017 Hannah D


Author's Note

Hannah D
Hope you all enjoyed my little short story! So what did you all think? Carpe Diem Everyone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on December 25, 2017
Last Updated on December 25, 2017
Tags: Sliver of Light, Virginity, not a virgin, taking virginity, manipulator, ex-boyfriend, metaphor of losing virginity, Hannah D Sliver of Light

Author

Hannah D
Hannah D

About
Just a girl who likes to voice her feelings in a creative way. more..

Writing
Memories Memories

A Story by Hannah D