Dear Noisy Neighbor

Dear Noisy Neighbor

A Poem by HPlittleswimmers
"

To anyone who has ever had to endure discomfort in a apartment you had to call a home. Noisy neighbors above or below.

"

Living under the roof of someone careless. I find myself boxed in an apartment dealing with everything that I should not in a home with four walls. The audacity of them to walk all over as if they were not conscious that the noise bounces downward in my living space. I understand we all share these walls but at the cost of having to deal with your life. I am at a loss, it’s devastating to have to deal with your everyday moves, I sit down and you start stomping. I flush the toilet and you start stomping. I work 8 hours sitting in the same spot and such a punishment you burden me with, to hear you prancing above. I realize you are above and no one makes a disturbance to you but yourself. So, I ask myself how much I can impose considering that I for the remaining 16 hours in the day, I try to sleep a good 8. Even sleeping is a privilege in my space. I lay down and you choose to walk heavily in the last space I would not dare want to defy. The truth of the matter is that no matter what I write or say. You will not change. You act entitled in your apartment above me, thanks. You should know, I am a person just like you, who lives, breathes and eats. Oh dearest neighbor, thank you for having to force me to look for another place to call a temporary home.  Just remember the space you call currently home is in fact not yours. I admit there are times when I get upset and turn the music up hoping it causes some annoyance to you, but truly I believe it does not even scratch the surface of the sadness you place in me.  I surely hope that in another place and another time, you are not burdened with the nuisance I had to deal with in this apartment.

 

© 2023 HPlittleswimmers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on November 1, 2023
Last Updated on November 1, 2023
Tags: Noisy, Neighbor, Apartment, Disturbance, Discomfort, Loud