Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by HadezHeir
"

Based off of Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

"
I ducked as his fist slammed into the locker, smirking as I heard him curse out of the side of his mouth. "I don't want to do this, Bryce." I said sternly, that was his last chance. At first, he looked around, only to find the screaming crowd urging him on. Bryce continued to rage fully swing his arms and I jammed my fist into his sternum. He was out cold before he hit the ground. The surrounding people cheered but it came to a close as soon as they all heard the wretched scream across the hall, Mrs. Clark obviously. Nothing got passed her, she had super human hearing or something. "Office, now!" she screamed. Sighing, I wiped off the blood on my neck and picked up my bag as she helped Bryce crawl to the nurse. Hey, I wasn't sorry, I gave him ample times to let it go. He insisted on revenge for just plainly walking into him. I hate kids like that, think they're so high and mighty, just because they're popular and athletic. Like seriously, his ego's bigger than his overly large melon head.
I plopped down in front of the principle who was reading the daily newspaper. "Well well, what a big surprise." he said, causing me to roll my eyes. "Look, I know it looks bad bu-" he cut me off before I could even explain myself "No no no, you said the same thing every day you were late, and when you so rudely destroyed the trash can. That's it James, no more. This school has high standards," he gestured over to all his precious trophies and awards "you clearly don't meet these standards, so I-" it was me that interrupted this time "I don't meet these standards? First you're blaming me of something I didn't do, now you're-" his hand hit the desk and he was clearly full of rage, making me jump a bit "I will NOT stand for your excuses. James Harris, you are here by expelled. Now leave before I call your father." I stood slowly, clenching my fists "He's not my father.... step dads and real dads are not the same..." I quickly walked out the door before I did something that may get me into juvy, making a fairly rude gesture behind the door.
As I walked through the halls, I noticed the unmistakable black and blue hair. I waved through the window and waited on the lockers beside the door. "Hey Moxie." I said, and she walked up to me, giving me a hug "Hey are you alright? I saw that fight." Whoa, she never hugged me before, I mean, I've always hated contact but she felt so warm and welcoming. I finally managed to throw out some words "I um, yeah I'm fine, just expelled?" Her jaw dropped "JUST expelled?! Are you shitting me?" she tilted her head to the side, letting her long wavy hair follow "So... what are you going to do?" I shrugged "I think I'll have to move again..." She frowned "Again? You've only been here two weeks." The teacher opened the door and coughed and Moxie surprisingly gave me another hug. "See you Mox." I said and she looked back over her shoulder "Keep in touch James."
I walked out into the cool October breeze, smiling. I'm not sure why, but i just love the cold. Something about it just gets me moving and makes me feel so alive, which doesn't happen often. I began to think about how many schools I've been to in my life. This is the fifth, wow, gone through five schools in all my nine school years. It makes sense though, every where I go I have no friends and get bullied because no one knows me and it's much easier to hurt someone when you don't know them. Plus most people think I'm weird because I don't talk much and tend to be solitary, I've got a very interesting mind set. They'd understand if they just realized that everyone around them is an idiot. Moxie's different though, she seems to be aware of people's stupidity, but she chooses to accept it, which is cool. I'd like to think I can accept it, but I kinda like knowing more than other people. Most wouldn't think I'm smart because of my grades, but I'm constantly thinking about everything. I walked up the steps, opening the door to the overwhelming smell of stale alcohol. I covered my mouth and nose, making sure my dad was passed out as usual before quickly bounding up the stairs. Tossing my stuff aside I plopped down onto my bed, sighing. I stared up at the ceiling at some of my only possessions, a few hard rock and punk posters. I began to nod off, eventually closing my eyes.
Falling, just infinitely falling. I tried to grab around, but there was nothing there. I heard thousands of ghastly voices around me, no, in my head. One voice overwhelmed them all, a deep, gravely voice that was barely a whisper. "Wake child, he is close." It was so quiet but it echoed through my entire head. I shot straight up, panting and sweating heavily. Stupid night terrors, happens all the time.
I walked over to the bathroom, turning the water on and tossing my clothes off. I stepped into the shower and close my eyes, leaning against the wall. It was cool and somehow reminded me of Mox, her cold, pretty, light blue eyes that could see right through your soul. She was so irresistible, wearing her tattered skinny jeans and converse, especially with that gray cutoff top and black pointed eyeliner. The skull earnings were kinda cute too. I shook my head, Why are you thinking of her? You're gonna be gone tomorrow anyway. I ran my fingers through my medium lengthened black hair, finishing up in the shower. I stepped out, looking in the mirror at my slight build. I found it ironic how I was pretty skinny but a natural fighter and could take down almost anyone. Thanks ADHD. I gazed into my dark grey eyes, I noticed that they looked almost like shattered glass and anyone could get lost in them easily. I heard a tap at the window and a familiar voice "Done looking at yourself pretty boy?". I fell back, immediately grabbing the closest thing, a comb, and holding it in front of me. "Oh no, he's got a comb!" she said. I relaxed, realizing it was just Mox "Hey, what are you doing out here?" she smiled and said "Just meet me outside and I'll explain." I nodded "Wait, do you really think I'm good looking...?" She half sighed and half laughed "Get some clothes on, pretty boy." I looked down, blushing heavily as she descended into the darkness. That wasn't really an answer but I tossed a gray Three Days Grace shirt and a leather jacket, as well as some black jeans before heading down the stairs. I made sure that he was still passed out and put a beer next to his sleeping body. Joe freaked out when he woke up and didn't have alcohol. Trust me, not an experience you want to go through. I rubbed my jaw, walking out the door and onto the sidewalk. "Alright, so why are you here exactly?"


© 2015 HadezHeir


Author's Note

HadezHeir
Just be honest and give me a bit of advice if you feel like it. I'll try to keep it updated, maybe a new chapter every other day.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on May 29, 2015
Last Updated on May 29, 2015
Tags: Greek, Mythology, Emo, Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan, Heroes of Olympus.


Author

HadezHeir
HadezHeir

Writing