Shaken

Shaken

A Chapter by xMrs.jonesx

My heart was racing. His breath smelt like old cigarettes and coffee. He wouldn't let me move. Told me not to yell or it would be worse. My wrists were hurting from the tight rope he had around them. I couldn't see anything. There was a train in the distance, and birds flying by chirping. It had to be morning. How long has he had me here? "I won't say anything. Please!" I muttered from my dry, chapped lips. "Shut up, b***h. You're not going anywhere."

I woke up clutching my pillow. It was half past four and the stars had only started to disappear. My window was open, and the curtains were flying to the soft breeze rushing in. My face felt sweaty and beat, like I had just ran a marathon. I sat up, trying to calm myself. Why? Why does this keep happening? My mind was racing.

Grabbing my cup, I walked down stairs to get a cold glass of water. I passed the hall bathroom to stop and stare at myself in the mirror. "Get it together, Rosie. It's over. Move on." Shaking my head, I proceeded down the stairs. There were beer cans lined across my kitchen counter. Bottles of opened liquor scattered across my sink and dining table. I had tried to pick up some before I went to bed, but the line of coke I did got to me before I could finish. The slight hum coming from my fridge was a welcoming noise. I filled my cup with ice and managed to get some water when I heard a loud noise. Panicked, I stopped in my tracks. "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM." What the hell is that? "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM." I began to shake. Was someone trying to get into my door? Kittens came running into the kitchen, knocking over a bottle and out to the living room. "Rosie! Are you awake? BOOM, BOOM, BOOM." My shoulders fell back into place, and my heart stopped racing. My so-called brother. What the hell does he want at this time of night? Setting my cup down, I walked to the back door and opened it. "D****t Trent, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Do you know what time it is?" I asked. "Sorry Rosie, I'm needing a place to sleep. I'm tired, and I think I've drank too much. Can I crash on the couch?" I could hear the slurring in his speech. "Fine. Give me your keys, and take off your damn shoes! I don't need you carrying mud in my carpet." Nodding his head, Trent took off his shoes and tossed his keys on the counter. He stumbled into the living room, over a half-full trash bag and onto the couch.

Locking the back door, I grabbed a small blanket to cover him. It was dark blue with little white dots and a slight tear on the bottom left corner. Our mother had given me this when I was little. It was my favorite thing to carry around before I hit puberty. It was the only thing I had left of value since her death a few months back. His snoring was something like the sound of a bear coddling it's cubs. Loud, obnoxious, with a mouth full of drool. I covered him and made it back up the stairs to my bed. "At least I'm not alone. Trent will protect me."

Kittens began meowing, as the sun shined directly through my curtains. My head was throbbing. "Shut up, I'm getting up s**t head." She pounced on my leg and began meowing even louder. "Ok, ok. I get you're hungry. Sheesh." Sitting up, I felt a rush of blood to my head. I was dizzy, and the bright light wasn't helping. My clock said a quarter past 8. F*****g cat.

Downstairs I could hear Trent's snoring. It was Sunday, and I had a lot to do today. Kittens followed me around the kitchen repeatedly meowing until I found the half bag of kitty nip to put in her bowl. "I swear you're always eating. I should have just gotten the damn gold fish. They don't make noise." Kittens looked up and meowed at me. Like she understood me. I chuckled at myself. "Trent. Wake up." The snoring got louder. "TRENT. Eggs are ready!" I hollered from the kitchen. That made him get up real quick. "Aw Rosie, you made me breakfast?" He stumbled into the kitchen and I stood there with a grin on my face. "No, dipshit. Your snoring is loud and obnoxious. Make your own damn eggs." I poured myself a fresh cup of orange juice while Trent fiddled with the coffee machine. "Thanks for covering me with moms old blanket. It still smells like her." I nodded at him when he spoke. "I really do miss her Rosie." He said looking at me. "She would have made sure that man got everything he had coming to him. How'd you sleep?" My heart began to race. "Can we not talk about this today? I have things to do and I don't want to dwell on the past." He looked at me with confusion. I could see every outline on his face. His nose tilted just slightly to the right. He had the most beautiful almond shaped, light brown eyes. His eyebrows thick, and his chin pointed. "You deserve better than this. I just want to see you happy." My hands began to shake. "Stop Trent. She didn't know because she was dying. She didn't need to worry about me." I could feel my face getting red so I turned and began picking up the empty bottles and cups. "I'm going to shower. See yourself out." I was angry. What place did he have to bring that up? Did he not understand I want to forget that night? Mom didn't need to know what happened. She had too much on her plate to worry about me. I wanted her memory of me to remain happy. Free spirited. Didn't he understand? I heard the downstairs door close with a thud as I undressed in the bathroom. My head still thumped with pain. A hot shower is what I needed.


© 2017 xMrs.jonesx


Author's Note

xMrs.jonesx
Ignore grammar problems. Just the beginning, what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

interesting story. kinda like this sentence: "Can I crash on the couch?" quite fascinating it is to read it with whole para. nicely written.

i read the book description...
and being an erotic writer, of course, first i thought that the story's gonna be quite erotic, but when i started leafin' throu' its textures, i saw, it's more like a suspense, & full of thrill which certainly had my whole attention. enjoyed reading the concept. short. simple. & brilliant.

looking forward to reading its whole series.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

interesting story. kinda like this sentence: "Can I crash on the couch?" quite fascinating it is to read it with whole para. nicely written.

i read the book description...
and being an erotic writer, of course, first i thought that the story's gonna be quite erotic, but when i started leafin' throu' its textures, i saw, it's more like a suspense, & full of thrill which certainly had my whole attention. enjoyed reading the concept. short. simple. & brilliant.

looking forward to reading its whole series.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 7, 2017
Last Updated on January 8, 2017


Author

xMrs.jonesx
xMrs.jonesx

Southaven, MS



About
I'm a newly married mommy of 2. I'm a student of nursing school. I like to write occasionally so I decided to share for feed back. more..

Writing
Thomas Thomas

A Chapter by xMrs.jonesx


Invisible Invisible

A Chapter by xMrs.jonesx