Free Kittens

Free Kittens

A Story by HaleythePoet
"

Bear with me, I want to try something new.

"
It was a cold cloudy day in the state of New York with people rushing on the streets to get home before the sky poured. A woman wearing a worn down raincoat and shoes with holes in them walked slowly down a back street while pushing a shopping cart full of two black bags. Her hair was pulled into a loose messy bun and her makeup was smeared. The woman's name was Lostella and she had been living on her own ever since her family kicked her out at the age of seventeen, five years ago. 
The front wheel on her cart made an awful screeching sound which she was accustomed to ignoring. The thunder rolled above the skyscrapers and Lostella looked up feeling a cold raindrop hit her cheek. She pushed her creaking cart over to a nearby underpass and shook some of the rain off of her raincoat then sat by her cart watching the people hold their briefcases over their heads to try and avoid the rain. Once there was hardly anybody left on the street, Lostella enjoyed listening to the thunder and raveled in the smell. It smelled fresh and clean compared to the smell of city smog. As she looked around, she saw a ripped box sitting on a street corner and all she could read was 'Free Ki...' Lostella made sure that her cart would not roll away, then put her coat back on and ran through the pouring down rain over to the box. Inside the box was a small white stripped kitten that was curled up in a corner meowing in fear. "You poor thing," Lostella said and picked up the kitten running back over to her cart under the bridge. Once they were out of the rain, Lostella dug in one of the bags getting out some pretzels from the nearby bakery that they gave to her. Ripping off a small piece, she held the shaking kitten close to her and fed her the pretzel piece. "It's okay little one, you're safe now. I'll take care of you." 

© 2012 HaleythePoet


Author's Note

HaleythePoet
I didn't really have much going for this small scene. It was just something I dreamed about and wanted to share it with you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012

Author

HaleythePoet
HaleythePoet

Harrisburg, PA



About
I love to write poetry, stories, draw, and listen to all kinds of music. more..

Writing