Lost in the Facade

Lost in the Facade

A Poem by Haley Wilson

I am a master at disguise.
For a very long time now, my face has worn multiple masks. Each one has conveyed a different personality and unique traits. However, none of them gave me the one true ability I need - to be the best version of the real me. To be quite frank, I believe that I've lost myself in this mess of a life. What once held potential and sacred hope now flickers dully, as if it's an omen for negative occurrences. And the only way I know how to cope is by hiding behind my beloved masks. One to show happiness, another to portay simple empathy, and countless others.  When I am without a disguise, I feel utterly hopeless and meaningless. Alas, I am the one to blame for these feelings.
  Recently, I have felt more lost than ever. Before my life turned into a chaotic sea of emotions, it was merely a small lake with occasional ripples. Oh, how I grieve and crave that stae of mind... but it is gone. The dams are broken and the flood is everlasting. Nevertheless, I try to calm this internal storm. Every effort I make, every step I choose to take, seems to just be either broken or left to be coated in dust. All I want is to get rid of all these masks, and let the real persona bring sunshine to my mind and life at last.
All I need is that push of encouragement. 

© 2014 Haley Wilson


Author's Note

Haley Wilson
I know this isn't exactly a poem but I have no idea what else to put it as! A lot of my writing is like this actually so expect more. Leave your comments and thoughts below!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

beautiful thoughts......can I give you a suggestion? Write a poem...call it, "The real me".....and like a famous artist once said when explaining how he can sculpt such beautifully vivid horses, he said, "I just chisel away all the pieces not looking like a horse". Find those special words describing you....and put them all in a poem....:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is poetic prose and if one reads it as such then it is most certainly poetry. As for the subject matter, you describe what many of us feel in our own lives: we all wear masks from time to time. Some of us are able to "chisel away all the pieces", as SleeplessVolcano pointed out, that are not us, and can then truly be themselves. Your writing is pure and honest and wears no masks :) Good work!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haley Wilson

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
....................

9 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
beautiful thoughts......can I give you a suggestion? Write a poem...call it, "The real me".....and like a famous artist once said when explaining how he can sculpt such beautifully vivid horses, he said, "I just chisel away all the pieces not looking like a horse". Find those special words describing you....and put them all in a poem....:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

indeed we all feel that way. but it was an honest write up thats what i loved about it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haley Wilson

9 Years Ago

I have maaany more where this came from!
Nitesh Mahabal

9 Years Ago

Keep writing. we all will have the pleasure of reading ur write up maam
Beautiful! Extremely reliable and honest. Reading this have m e inspiration. Thanks for sharing! I hope to read more :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haley Wilson

9 Years Ago

Thank you, lovely! Xx
that was really great, u need to turn it into a full story or even book :) keep it up :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haley Wilson

9 Years Ago

I never considered that, thank you!
Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome, hayley, cant wait to read more of your material :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014
Tags: disguise, masks, truth, fake, personal, feelings

Author

Haley Wilson
Haley Wilson

Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada



About
The name's Haley. I'm 20, graduated from high school, and have a strong passion for writing. What I write aren't exactly poems or stories, but musings about my own life and thoughts on different subje.. more..

Writing