Call to fight

Call to fight

A Chapter by halo

May 19th, 2011

0600 hours

Koeler residents

 

 

*Ring* *Ring*  I picked up phone, still tired.  "Hello."  I said.  "Koeler get to the base we're moving out.  Be here at 1100."  *click*  I hung up the phone and turned to my wife. "Wake up."  she turned to me and said.  "What is it?"  "They called me in."  I could see the worry in her eyes.  "Go wake up the children I'll make us some breakfast." I got ut of bed opened the door and walked down the hallway to the kids rooms. "Time to get up." They rolled out of bed. My girl looked at me and said. "Whats going on?" I replied back kneeling down to her height.  "Daddy has to go away again, wanted to wake you up and say good morning before I leave.  Mom's downstairs making breakfast, why dont you two go get dressed."  She knodded and gave me a hug.  I went to greet my wife.  "What ya making?" i asked.  "bacon and eggs, for my soldier."  I grinned at her.  The kids ran down the stairs as fast as they could.  My son came up to me and asked "Your leaving again aren't you dad?"  "Yes, but it wont take that long."  "I'll miss you always."  "And i'll miss you too kido."  We sat around the table passing bacon, eggs and toast to eachother.  "Say Grace."  we joined hands.  My wife started.  "Dear lord,  we thank you for this meal and wish for you to look over us.  Look over us so we may see eachother here again.....Amen." 

 

After breakfast we headed to the base.  In full dressed uniform I said my Goodbyes to my family and walked to the plane waiting for us.  I turned my head to take one more look at my Children and wife as the ramp of the plane closed.  I bowed my head. 

 

The plane touched down at 1500 and we were greeted by our Senior Lead and headed for the brief room.  The lights dimmed down and a screen showed photos of a compund. "Ok men, at exactly 0700 last night we intercepted this tranmission from a international terroist group known as Cell. We have reason to believe that they will be attacking a U.S Embassy in Southern Afghanistan.  Your mission invade this compound and find whatever you can about the attack, any dates, times, locations, anything.  The compound is heaviliy gaurded and you will be going in under he radar. Any question?" Senior lead stoppd and waited. Miller raised a hand and said.  "what do you mean by 'under the radar"?   "you will perform a HALO jump from exactly 30,000 ft high. From there you will travel due North for 1000 Meters into the jungle.  Then you will take the compound and find any information about the attack."  He paused once more for any further question.  Then knodded and said "Ok, lets mount up and get you in there.  Good luck boys."



© 2012 halo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 7, 2012
Last Updated on June 7, 2012


Author

halo
halo

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by halo


Galaxy Fire Galaxy Fire

A Chapter by halo