Time

Time

A Poem by LauraAnn
"

I closed my eyes and let my imagination take over.

"

Time stops, I think, as I walk through the old home with grimey windows, cracked paint, and old books. The books smell of rat urine and days wellspent, but they look beautiful all the same. The fire place hasn't been used for decades and generations but it burns all the same as I sit on this floor reading one of the first print outs of little women.

I close my eyes and grip the book and can hear laughter of children who have already grown up and passed away.

This room is so dark and cold but I swear, if you just close your eyes. The sun shines through and is warmed with love.

Opening my eyes is the hardest part of sneaking into old homes.

Opening my eyes makes time stop and die in midair. Almost like a sour record player.

I lay my head on the backpack I've carried for miles and states and try to sleep. I dream of a ginger girl and a boy with brown hair. A mom who can't cook and a dad who cares and eats the dinner any ways despite the burn marks. 

A tear forms in her eye while she slowly turns to look at me.

Her eyes sharpen and she smiles at me. I don't have the heart to stop her time, It's just begun.

© 2014 LauraAnn


Author's Note

LauraAnn
Give me feedback! Good or bad, I can take it! I'm a big girl.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was very interesting. It almost seemed story-like. It's nice when you can just close your eyes and let the feelings and images create art!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: time, time travel, breaking in, family, death, old, books, sad, depressing, depressed

Author

LauraAnn
LauraAnn

Tampa, FL



About
I'm 18, I love to write, and have a huge appetite. (I'm not chunky at all, though) I crave difference and abstract ways of doing things. more..

Writing
Georgia Georgia

A Poem by LauraAnn


Scars Scars

A Poem by LauraAnn


"friends" "friends"

A Poem by LauraAnn