Pilot

Pilot

A Chapter by ASimpleWriter
"

Let's Begin

"
This story begins like all stories with the selecting the description of a hero. His name is whatever you want it to be. But for the convenience of the story lets call him 'Hero', his hair is long and shaggy or short and neat. His eyes are green or yellow. His ears lobes are attached or hanging. His lips are small or large. He was also every skinny or unreasonably muscular even though this is the starting of the story. Now for his personality description, which you cannot change. Almost nothing ever good came out of his mouth or his actions. He was not a bad person. Just a stupid one. He was the last person you'd think when you would hear the word 'Hero'. He was the type of person who you would hang out with because you felt sorry for him. But recently Hero felt as though he was being controlled, like he had a purpose and that completing this purpose was all he as ever meant to do.  

This world with a medieval setting, it needed a hero. And the appropriately named Hero was all they had. So here it is, the beginning. I'm gonna start now. If you wanna go grab some mountain dew and doritos this is your chance. Get ready. Here we go...........

It was a warm and sunny day with birds and bees about. The chickens laying eggs, the dogs enjoying their bone and the pigs digesting in the stomachs of the farmers. Everyone was having a good day. Even Hero. Because today Hero took it upon himself to start his training to be a hero. Who is a hero? What does it mean to be a hero? How does one become a hero? These question are something Hero didn't know the answer to. But he knew one thing. He knew where he had to go to find his answer. 'Summerset'. It was the village that held everything a hero needed. A Blacksmith, a shopkeeper that's willing to buy spider webs found in caves, a lot of people standing in their original position so the hero can find them easily, and an inn to save your progress.

After he took his complimentary sword, health potion and stamina potion Hero was ready.

He went downstairs from his room and saw his mother. She looked at him with sad eyes and said "All boys must leave their home."
"Mom." Said Hero with a voice in your imagination. "I'm ten. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die before my arrival at Summerset. And you forcing me to leave so you can bang that professor next door, not cool."
 
Hero didn't mind that though, he had wanted to go for his hero quest ever since he saw the trailer. And now this was 'his' time, or 'hers'. But in this case it's 'his'.

Hero took his first step in the open world and took a deep breath that filled his lungs with hopes that this story is gonna be the bomb. He decided exploring isn't his thing and headed strait for the exit of 'Homevile'. While on his way he saw a few people standing around. He wondered whether to talk to them or leave them alone like a normal human being. He decided talking to them was a good idea. He went over to this guy who was staring into the lake and said "Hey there."

The man gave him a strange look and said "What do you want?" Hero was a little surprised. He assumed the first words out of his mouth would be advice but it turned out to be a legitimate question.
"My name is Hero and I'm gonna be a hero." replied Hero. The man still had a strange look on him.
"So?" Asked the man.
"Do you have any advice for me?" Asked Hero.
"Oh yeah, of coarse I do. There are monsters, like everywhere." Said the man.
Hero gave him no thanks at all and walked away.

Hero walked a little further and saw a man enjoying the shade of giant tree. He walked a little further and saw the a man sweating in the hot sun while reading a book with the title "1001 Riddles". Instead of telling the man to sit under the giant tree, Hero decided that that quest is for another day and kept walking.

Very soon Hero saw the gate which was obviously the exit. He made his way outside and felt the new atmosphere and heard the new background music. Everything was a little more adventurous. Hero kept going in the only available way. He enjoyed the sites but what he really was exited about was his destination. He had heard a lot of stories about Summerset from travelers. But he had never gone there for some unexplained reason. Seeing a new world filled with possibilities was something out a fairy tale. He smiled and skipped his way towards his quest.

Because he was skipping with his mind in thought he accidentally penalty kicked a strange creature. It was sleeping and now it was hurt by both a kick and a thud from hitting a tree. It looked at Hero with angry unblinking eyes. Hero swallowed saliva with fear at first. But after recognizing that his first battle was upon him, he unsheathed his sword. He stood in a battle stance and waited. He stared into the eyes of this raccoon like creature. It had a long tail and sharp teeth and covered in brown fur.

It launched itself towards Hero, but he was fast enough to dodge. He had a small window of time to attack the creature now that it's back was turned. Hero made his move and sliced the creature in two. Suddenly he felt a increase in his inventory. He checked to see what it was. It had seemed that he obtained five gold coins. He smiled and turned back to his quest to be a hero. Suddenly he heard a noise. A small noise. He looked around to see what it was and to his surprise, it was a creature that looked like the one he had just killed but feminine and two small ones beside her crying. Instead of fighting the creatures and putting an ending to their misery, Hero decided to 'run away'.

Putting his recent past behind him was quite easy for Hero when he discovered the bridge that separated Homevile and Summerset. He walked towards the bridge and came to a halt when he saw a huge troll appearing from under the bridge. It had gray skin and one giant eye. It walked slowly towards the the front of the bridge, each step creating an uneasy ground. It then blocked Hero's way and stared him dead in the eye. The troll then spoke.
"Lookie here lookie there.
Who wants to walk over my lair."
 
Hero stared back at the troll. He wasn't scared. He had slathered far worse creatures in the other lives he's lived. But he knew that at such a low level he wouldn't be able to defeat this troll, so parley was his only option.
"My name is Hero, I wish to get across."

The troll looked confused as if what Hero spoke was elvish. Hero figured that a rapper only speaks to rappers.
"Hero is my name,
through that bridge lies my fame."
 
Now the troll did understand. His expression gave it away.
"Riddle me this and riddle me that,
one wrong answer and you'll help me get fat." 
 
Hero figured out what his objective was. A troll covers the way. Answer his question and he can walk away.
"bring it on troll,
 so that I may achieve my own goal."
 The troll looked at the sun and then his shadow and said "The time now is eleven, so tell me, why was six afraid of seven?"
 
Hero knew the answer to this riddle. And when he opened his lips to rhyme the answer he heard the troll say "Before you finish this test, you must finish an unfinished quest.". He knew what the troll meant. He had to go do the quest in which he helps that guy reading the riddle book. But that didn't stop him from saying "WHAT? OMG! This is so stupid. I know the answer.". The troll looked at Hero with same look of confusion as earlier. Hero sighed and headed back down the laid path until he reached the man reading the book(He still ignored the raccoon creatures).

"Mister." said Hero to the suffering man. 
"Why hello there young man." Said the man after seeing Hero's face. The man continued "Would you be able to help me?".
Hero hid his anger, smiled and said "Of coarse I can, a hero never turns down a quest.".
"I've been sitting here for such a long time, and it's very hot. Would you be able to help me solve my unfortunate issue?" Said the man with a hopeful look.
"Why don't you go sit under that tree?" Said Hero pointing at the large tree he saw earlier. The man looked down with a sad face and said "You see that man sitting there? He won't let me sit there.".
"Uhhhhh." Said Hero and walked towards the man under the shade. When he reached there Hero asked "Would that guy be able to come and sit with you?".
"Sure thing, but I need some help from you." Replied the man. Hero rolled his eyes and nodded in agreement.
"I've been looking for the professors house, would you know where it is?" Asked the man. Hero looked at this man like a human should.
"There's only like three houses in this town. How can you not find him?" Asked Hero. The man didn't give a reply.
"It's the middle one." Said Hero.
"Thank you stranger." Said the man and walked away. Hero went towards the man with the riddle book and told him that he could go sit under the tree.
"Thank you dear stranger. I trust you'll make a fine hero." Said the man. "Here's my token of appreciation. I'll tell you one riddle. Why was six afraid of seven?" Hero hero stood there and kept tapping the A button and didn't hear the man say the answer, but since he knew the answer he didn't need to hear it.

Hero bolted as fast as he could to the troll. But unfortunately for Hero that too was slow because he hadn't gotten his running shoes yet. When Hero got to the troll, it looked at Hero and said "You have come back, do you have what you did lack?"
"Yeah, it's because seven eight(ate) nine." Said Hero. The troll again gave a look of confusion. Hero sighed and thought for a moment then said "I'm....fine, it's because seven eight(ate) nine."
 
"The Human has spoken,
 the way has now awoken." said the troll. It then slowly went under the bridge.

Hero then walked across the bridge. As he crossed he felt his muscles getting stronger. He checked his player stat and realized that now he was level two. He was now able to choose a new move to learn, and a feature to upgrade. He choose to learn the move 'Stab' and then increase his health.

Hero was now a level stronger and wiser. He didn't walked far before he saw a board. On it was carved the words "Summerset. Every hero's go to town." This was it. This was his time. This was the start of a new game. This was the start of 'Another Role Playing Game'.           
 
    

 

                                                   


© 2016 ASimpleWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: RPG, Fantasy


Author

ASimpleWriter
ASimpleWriter

About
ehhhh.....I like stuff. I write about stuff more..

Writing
Plain Plain

A Story by ASimpleWriter