Isn't it quite lovely?!

Isn't it quite lovely?!

A Story by Hannabal_Marie
"

A bit about love.

"
People say when you’re in love you loose track of who you are.
You change in a blink of an eye because “love” clouded your reasonable mind.
I know this said love all to well or at the very least, I thought so. 
Love is the evil puppeteer and you? The puppet hanging on such a wordless leash.

“I love you with all my heart”
The words kept flooding my mind, worming in and out of my skull like a bunch of maggots.
I find it funny that someone would say such a phrase, “..all my heart!” what would become after death? Would the love remain after it took it’s last pump? A heart is such a small thing, not much to it. Does that mean you loved me less? Why not love me with all your kidneys? Perhaps even the liver would do! But heart? It seems a bit to small to consider.

“I love you!”
People jump to that phrase so quickly. You barely know the other person enough to love them yet you assure them you are utterly head over heels. Your lover could be completely insane, they could be some serial killer who left town and found you but no, no, no…you are much too convinced that this lust is actual love. Just because he touched you in such a lovely way and spat out some lovely words, it meant you loved them with all your itty bitty heart.

"...Forever"
Who the hell are you to pick a date on how long our love will last. How long IS "forever" anyways? Is it until we die or is forever only a few months? It's like as if you are reading some invisible expiration date printed between our foreheads.

"Oh, Sally..I'm sorry. It's December the 15th. It's time to end our romance now. It's officially 'forever'. Goodbye and Good riddance!"
People only use that word as a means to ease the tension between hungry hearts. They say it as a way to reassure their partner that they are the image of a pure and innocent person, all the while, reassuring themselves of that same fact. "if I pretend to act loyal to Sally, perhaps I can start to actually believe my own bullshit"

"...I'd die for you!"
No, you wouldn't. You'd freak out before you'd croak. Everyone wants to use the death card to prove their love for the next person but when reality hits, they will try all sorts of ways to get out of the deal they've made. Why play the angel when you're still dancing with the devil?

Another thing, why would you want to leave your lover behind? What could possibly be important enough for you to end your life for them? Are you jumping in front of a bullet to save them or is it just a means to sit pretty as some saint? Most people use it as a mask to hide their true faces. A cover so they could go about their daily bad lives with the knowledge that their lover sees them as some god in their minds. The only love I see is the love of vanity. Make sure your lover isn't holding a mirror when they are speaking of dying for "you".

These things, all these lovely little things, are just the imagination of a fool.
A fool who wants to believe romance and love are real...a fool like I used to be.
But my word, Isn't it quite lovely?!

© 2014 Hannabal_Marie


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on November 24, 2014
Last Updated on November 24, 2014
Tags: romance, love, relationship

Author

Hannabal_Marie
Hannabal_Marie

Under your bed, CA



About
The name's Hannabal Marie. I am a vaudevillian of sorts and a crazy cat lady who paints her face to Tom Waits. I live in my own world most of the time and I enjoy every minute of it. I am merely makin.. more..

Writing