Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Hannah Wilcox

As I round the corner I let my mind wander… hospitals are far too white, white walls, white coats, white sheets, white and sickly people. They ought to change the color, maybe a dark blue, or grey. The red wouldn’t contrast as brightly on a darker color .The paper and the charts need to change as well, the ruffling and the scratching of the pens, why aren’t they electronic. The bandages too… I thought, glancing down at my wrist… if the bandages were darker… People always want to know why; they all think it is something that they can fix. They have asked and asked me, but I don’t know, I don’t feel broken… they need new wheel chairs too, the wheel on mine keeps squeaking, same place each time. The nurses are taking me to see someone, I don’t know who, I wasn’t listening when they told me who earlier. It's probably someone else who wants to know why, but I won’t have an answer for them. I don’t know why I did it, I just did. I didn’t have some terrible childhood, I am not sad all of the time, I don’t really want to die, I just did it. If they change the bandages, you wouldn’t be able to see the blood through them. I did it I sliced my wrists, I don’t know why, I just did.  

© 2013 Hannah Wilcox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013

Author

Hannah Wilcox
Hannah Wilcox

Denver, CO



About
In High School, I take creative writing, and I love to write. I love the darker sides of life, my stories are not happy all the time. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Story by Hannah Wilcox