Life

Life

A Story by Hannah Wilcox

I have to remember the eggs, eggs and the bread. The thin bread I like for sandwiches. Oh, also, I need more orzo; I finished that little bit that was left last week. Franklin thought as he got out of his car, stopping to pull the leaver to open the trunk. I can’t forget the re-usable bags, Franklin scolded as he grabbed the canvas bags. Closing the trunk, he headed across the parking lot towards the store entrance. Pausing shortly only to lock his car.

Had to come all the way back here just for tampons! What kind of a man buys tampons, ha, a married man. How was I supposed to know she didn’t want Kroger? What the difference between Kroger and Tampex anyway, well, the price. Threw the box at me, what kind of woman does that? Throws tampons? Wanda does, Wanda is a tampon thrower. Matt grumbled as he slammed his car door. Squinting at the store, he noticed the man pulling re-usable bags out of his car. “Plant Lover,” he mumbled and trudged off to the store.

You’re ok, you’re ok, breath, Jessica, your ok. You cannot get in an accident; mom and dad will kill you. They trust you to drive to the grocery store all by yourself. Plus you have only had your license for a few weeks; don’t want to screw up now. She would probably blame you for the accident anyway, even though her tail light is out. People always blame the teenager. Stop, don’t be a distracted driver, Jessica thought as she pulled into a parking spot, grabbed the list and hopped out of her car.

That girl almost hit me, just another thing to add to my list. I should have listened to the signs; I should have stayed home today. My horoscope warned me about this, first the water heater breaks, then the toast burns, my computer deletes my report and my chair broke. I never should have left the house, but I am out of butter, of course. Better, not step on any cracks, with the luck I am having today. Beth thought as she slammed her door. Looking back at the sudden ripping sound, to see her skirt was stuck in the door.

That is one fine piece of a**, Devin thought. Giving a chuckle as he watched her try to pry her skirt from the car door. People always say that the grocery store is a good place to pick up women, think I could use a change of scenery. That girl is just so damn clingy, I shouldn’t have to check in every hour.

The rage pulsing through my body was causing my vision to blur. I never believed people when they said they saw red, but right now, I am seeing every shade of red there is. God d****t! God f****** d****t! Cerise thought as she slammed her hand repeatedly into the steering wheel. Shooting another sideways glance at the gun resting in the passenger’s seat.

Here come the regulars, thought Ally, as they all started to enter the store. We have Mr. Twitchy; always counting things off on his fingers, then comes…. Ally craned her neck to see the next customer. Tampon guy, he just can’t get it right, you would think month after month… oh, good, here comes Ms. Black cat, just about had a heart attack last month when I dropped the mirror. Its Devin, quick, look way before he sees you gawking! You know it won’t happen between you two, he is such a tool, Ally scolded. She was turning around when she noticed the other women stalking into the store, which is when the first shot rang out.

“Alright, everyone get down! Just get on the ground and you will be fine!” Screamed Cerise. 

© 2013 Hannah Wilcox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! The humor just gets me. Is this part of a book? Or is it just a one-shot? I want to read more of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hannah Wilcox

11 Years Ago

I am not sure. I started out wanting to write more, but I liked it where it ended.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013

Author

Hannah Wilcox
Hannah Wilcox

Denver, CO



About
In High School, I take creative writing, and I love to write. I love the darker sides of life, my stories are not happy all the time. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Hannah Wilcox