Lunchtime

Lunchtime

A Chapter by Marchosias D'Azreal

I sighed, feeling rather cooped up in my little padded room. Apparently, it was for my own good! Oh, yay! God. These people know nothing about me. Well, what do you expect? They are volunteers. And here comes Lucifer. "Hi Luc. How are you this so very fine day?" As usual, my words, and whole fiber of being, are sarcastic today. Today? Today, I`m pissed off with the the son of a b***h, Jesus. "What did he do now?" I asked exasperatedly, with a sigh. He told me that I was the root of all evil! Can you believe that? I`m not the root of all evil! I`m only evil. Very evil. Wow, Luc. You got upset over that? I wasn`t going to say that though. God, Luc would probably kill me. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "Yes, that is rather low. Remind me to congratulate Jesus for finally sinking down to my level." I smirked. Good point. But still! I`m not the root of all evil. Hades is! Very true. Hades did get quite annoying, with all those dark, homicidal thoughts.

Lucifer! Are you bugging Selena again? And right on cue, here comes Jesus. "No, he`s not. Oh! By the way, congratulations." For what? He sounded rather nervous. I don`t blame him. Right now, I can almost picture Luc smirking at Jesus`s stupidity. "For finally sinking down to my level." I said as way of explanation. Very abstract isn`t it? What do you mean? I pause before answering. Luc has been rather quiet since Jesus started talking. "Whoo! You called Luc the root of all evil! Go you!" I yelled, jumping up, feeling glad the walls were sound proof. A very audible sigh filtered through my head. Lucifer, stop lying. I grinned, waiting for the inevitable argument. These were always hilarious. I`m lying? I`m the lying one?! F*** YOU!! And with that Luc disappeared.

Quiet...

And he`s back.
Bye, Dead Harmony! Gone again. I chuckled a little. Luc was pretty funny once you got to know him. Selena, why do you let him call you that? My brow furrowed. "I don`t know. I actually don`t really mind it. It`s kind of endearing in a way." A loud sigh sounded. "Yeah, yeah. You despise everything dead. Get over it, Zeus." That was what I called Jesus when I was annoyed. The name usually pissed him off. Jesus growled quietly. "Bye, Zeus!" He`s gone. Finally peace and quiet.

Grrr.. Was that my stomach? So much for peace and quiet. I jumped off my bed, where I was perched on the edge. Landing on the other side of the room, my left hand going down for balance, I realized I had just jumped at least twenty feet. (For some reason, they made padded cells huge.) Was this a new power? I straightened up, intending to walk to the door. But it opened before I could go over there. "Lunchtime!" A sing-song voice filtered through my consciousness. Ya-da ya-da, ya-da. Shut the hell up, woman. Still, I walked out the door into the midst of a few armed guards. They really thought I was that dangerous? Cool.

Our little procession continued down the hall, the boots of the guards clunking against the floor, grating on my nerves. I grit my teeth together, not knowing why I had to have guards today. I never did before. We stopped outside a door not far from the main hallway. Sophie, the idotic person who was on lunch duty opened the door. "Lunchtime!" Do you have to be so happy?! "Fine." A baritone voice growled. Now I know why I had armed guards. Here comes Jacob. Great! Not. I hate him, fought with him at every chance, and we pretty much would kill each other if not for guards everywhere. "Hi,
Jakers." I said sneering. He absolutely hated that name. That`s why I always called him that.

"Why you little-" He jumped at me, hands going for my neck. But, unfortunately, the guards grabbed him before I could kill him. God dang it! Actually, I didn`t hate him all that much. He just annoyed me to no end. I was highly attracted to him though. How could I not be? He was hot. With a highly sculpted chest and stomach, beautiful brown hair and deep blue eyes, he was the hottest guy I`ve ever seen. Why was he here again? Jacob didn`t seem very crazy. Then again, neither did I, when I wasn`t talking to Luc and Jesus.

"Why do we have to walk together?" I asked, glaring at Jake through the guards arms. "Because. It`s easier to make one trip. So, from now on, you will be walking to meals together." Double groans met Sophie`s words. What the hell?! Maybe Luc has tips on how to deal with this.

We walked in strained silence the rest of the way to the cafeteria. When we got there, I heard Jacob mutter: "Finally. I`m starving." Yeah, same here. I took my seat at the girls table, while Jacob headed to the table farthest from the door, the boys table. I watched him walk, noticing the swagger in his step. I frowned. Why was he walking like that? Maybe he likes you. Luc said slyly, teasing me. I scoffed. "Pttfff. Yeah right. He hates me." I whispered, not wanting to attract attention. Do you hate him? He asked. I thought about that one, not sure what my answer was anymore. Did I hate him? If I didn`t, did I like him? Maybe even love him? "I don`t know, Luc. I just don`t know anymore." I muttered, defeated.

"Everybody get your food!" I winced as a cheery voice filtered through my ears. It got to Lucifer more though. He swore loudly in my head, disappearing. "Bye, Lucifer." I murmured so quietly I couldn`t hear myself even. I stood silently, grabbing a tray and grabbing some mushy spaghetti and meatballs, I grabbed for the handle of the fruit ladle, but someone got there at the same time I did. I looked up to see who it was, and gasped when I saw Jacob, my eyes widening. His did too, and we both dropped our hands. "Sorry." He muttered. "Sorry." I said at the same time. I grabbed the handle, ladling some fruit onto my tray.

Why did I not hate him anymore? `Why do I like him?!` I thought, groaning inwardly. How did my life get turned upside down? Some obscure twist of fate? Some higher force with a sadistic sense of humor? I thought back to what Lucifer said as I sat back down. Suddenly I swore loudly, drawing all eyes to me. I reddened as Jacob caught my eye before turning back around to talk to his friend. Lucifer! That stupid lying son of a gun! He set this up! "Oh I am going to kill him." I whispered to myself fiercely. 


Kill who?



© 2010 Marchosias D'Azreal


Author's Note

Marchosias D'Azreal
Do you like it so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ha, now I know why I saw nothing. The text is f*****g white. I solved it, I just hilighted the whole page and read blue words. It was fun. But anywho, This is good and interesting. A bit hard to follow because most of the dialogue is all in the same paragraph. I understand the main character is crazy, but the dialogue towards the beginning is difficult to follow. I think that may be why you did that, because it gives the reader a sense of being crazy like the main character. So if that was the purpose, then you hit the nail on the head. But I like your uniquness in the Lucifer and Jesus roles. You make it unstrict and it makes me happy. ;P You have talent and your writing is ultra intriguing. I wish to read tons more of it. So do me a huge favor will you! Post more of your Books and stories! Or send them to me in an email! I WOULD LOVE TO READ MORE!

Thanks XWayOathX

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You've got a great idea here. You haven't mention wanting a review on grammar, punctuation etc. But I would like to offer what I can. I found this difficult to read, because of missing quotations and paragraph breaks. It's difficult to explain so I'll share an example.

You wrote:
I sighed, feeling rather cooped up in my little padded room. Apparently, it was for my own good! Oh, yay! God. These people know nothing about me. Well, what do you expect? They are volunteers. And here comes Lucifer. "Hi Luc. How are you this so very fine day?" As usual, my words, and whole fiber of being, are sarcastic today. Today? Today, I`m pissed off with the the son of a b***h, Jesus. "What did he do now?" I asked exasperatedly, with a sigh. He told me that I was the root of all evil! Can you believe that? I`m not the root of all evil! I`m only evil. Very evil. Wow, Luc. You got upset over that? I wasn`t going to say that though. God, Luc would probably kill me. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. "Yes, that is rather low. Remind me to congratulate Jesus for finally sinking down to my level." I smirked. Good point. But still! I`m not the root of all evil. Hades is! Very true. Hades did get quite annoying, with all those dark, homicidal thoughts.

This is what I am thinking:

I sighed, feeling rather cooped up in my little padded room. Apparently, it was for my own good! Oh, yay! God. These people know nothing about me. "Well, what do you expect? They are volunteers. And here comes Lucifer."

"Hi Luc. How are you this so very fine day?" As usual, my words, and whole fiber of being, are sarcastic today.

"Today? Today, I`m pissed off with the (duplicate word) the son of a b***h, Jesus.

"What did he do now?" I asked exasperatedly, with a sigh.

"He told me that I was the root of all evil! Can you believe that? I`m not the root of all evil! I`m only evil. Very evil."

Wow, Luc. You got upset over that? I wasn`t going to say that though. God, Luc would probably kill me. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Yes, that is rather low. Remind me to congratulate Jesus for finally sinking down to my level."

I smirked.

"Good point. But still! I`m not the root of all evil. Hades is! Very true.

"Hades did get quite annoying, with all those dark, homicidal thoughts."

Again, I like the idea and hope to see more!



Posted 6 Years Ago


Ha, now I know why I saw nothing. The text is f*****g white. I solved it, I just hilighted the whole page and read blue words. It was fun. But anywho, This is good and interesting. A bit hard to follow because most of the dialogue is all in the same paragraph. I understand the main character is crazy, but the dialogue towards the beginning is difficult to follow. I think that may be why you did that, because it gives the reader a sense of being crazy like the main character. So if that was the purpose, then you hit the nail on the head. But I like your uniquness in the Lucifer and Jesus roles. You make it unstrict and it makes me happy. ;P You have talent and your writing is ultra intriguing. I wish to read tons more of it. So do me a huge favor will you! Post more of your Books and stories! Or send them to me in an email! I WOULD LOVE TO READ MORE!

Thanks XWayOathX

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm. I want to read it, but I see no text. Odd. Maybe I'll try refreshing....and come back to it again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Katherine! Did you even read it?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hi,
This is very interesting so far. Kat24

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2009
Last Updated on October 7, 2010


Author

Marchosias D'Azreal
Marchosias D'Azreal

Underground, WI



About
LOL!! (Go ahead, I dare you.) Don't click here! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..